46. possibly getting married in 10 years

here we go.

graduation day. the day they all would graduate from high school. the final day they even had to show up at that place. the last day of all the stupid drama that came with it.

malia looked around at all of the excited faces. she saw stiles, who was next to lydia, rambling. she saw allison who was talking to kira, an excited look on her face. she saw scott and isaac talking. they all were smiling. they all looked excited.

except malia.

she looked down at her black graduation gown. malia didn't know how to feel. she just kind of felt like she was losing something. and not just high school.

she felt like she was losing scott. the guy she loved. the last person she ever wanted to lose.

"are you okay?"

she looked up and saw scott looking at her with a worried expression. she gave him a brief smile. "yeah. i'm fine."

"you sure?" he grabbed her hand.

"yeah." malia nodded. she decided to try changing the subject. "you look hot in your graduation gown."

scott smiled at his girlfriend. he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "you too."

malia had gotten her diploma, officially graduated from beacon hills, and she was standing beside lydia when scott asked to talk to her. she nodded and followed him a few feet away.

the graduation ceremony was in the gym. hundreds of people were taking pictures and crying and stuff like that. kira, allison, and stiles were her only friends that cried.

she looked at scott and forced a smile. the thought of them drifting apart was still on her mind.

scott sighed, grabbing her hand. "look, i know you're scared that we're going to... i don't know, drift? i was worried too, at first. but i'm not anymore. i know we can get through this."

malia was glad that at least one of them had the courage to mention it. "how?"

scott looked kind of nervous. he took a shaky breath as he stuck a hand in the pocket of his jeans under the graduation gown. he pulled a small black box out of his pocket, taking a knee.

malia's breath caught. was he...?

scott opened the box, revealing a diamond ring inside. "malia, i know we literally just graduated high school, but i love you so much. more than i think i should. it doesn't have to be soon. it can be five years from now. it can be ten years from now, i don't care." scott took another deep breath before asking, "malia elizabeth tate... will you marry me?"

all malia's instincts were screaming at her to say no. she searched her brain for any reason to say it, but she couldn't think of one. who cared if they were too young? who cared about her dad? so malia said,

"yes."

right after she said it, they heard allison scream. like actually scream. they turned and noticed all of their friends watching them, including some other people. allison's hands were over her mouth, obviously suppressing a smile.

scott and malia looked back at each other and smiled. he slipped the ring on her left middle finger as he stood up off his knee. malia stared at it an awe for a moment, wondering where he got the money to pay for it. she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him as people all around them cheered.

●●●

weird and cringey bUT I DOUBT Y'ALL EXPECTED IT

MY SCALIA BABIES ARE ENGAGED AHSHJSJDKAJDJW

there may possibly be another chapter tonight in honor of Halloween but don't count on it.

-Kelsie