33. it's the thought that counts

about thirty minutes later, scott's car pulled up in front of malia's house. malia noticed the walmart bag, which she assumed was full of candy. she skipped to the door and let him in, kissing him on the cheek as he entered.

scott looked around, almost nervously.

"my dad's not home." malia said, and scott's face showed instant relief.

"why?" he said, trying to be polite.

"business trip or something. he'll be back in a few days."

scott looked really happy to hear that.

when scott had come to meet malia's dad a few months ago, her dad gave him a hard time. constant questions about stuff like his grades, his job, lacrosse, his intentions with malia.

when malia met melissa, however, malia thought she had never met a cooler woman. melissa didn't make things awkward. she even baked malia cookies. oh, and she did the cliché mom thing and showed her baby pictures of scott. yes, some were of scott in the bathtub.

"let's go to my room." malia grabbed scott's hand and led him to her room.

they layed down her bed, turned on their sides to face each other. scott hummed, seeming to remember something. he rolled over and grabbed something out of the walmart bag. "i bought a movie for us to watch."

"what'd you get?"

"this movie called 'supernatural'. apparently it's like five hours long." he handed the movie to malia.

malia closed her eyes and slapped her forehead. "this is season five of 'supernatural', the tv show."

scott blushed, clearly embarrassed. "oh."

malia couldn't suppress her laugh. "it's the thought that counts." she smiled and leaned over and kissed scott, smiling against his lips. she felt scott do the same.

she crawled over so she was laying on top of him. scott's hands moved to her back. it started out slowly, then progressed into something faster. really fast. in no time their hands were all over each other, like they couldn't get close enough. they breathed through their noses, but still gasped in between kisses.

before things could go any further, malia pulled away. "wait."

scott gave her a questioning look. malia didn't say anything as she got off of scott. she stood by the side of the bed, holding out her hand for scott to take. he reluctantly took it, wondering what she was up to. malia led him across her room and into her bathroom. she closed the door and locked it behind them.

scott looked around in confusion. "malia, what are we doing..."

scott trailed off at the sight of malia, slowly unbuttoning her plaid shirt. scott was so shocked, all he could do was stare at her. once her shirt was completely removed, she unhooked her black bra and it fell to the ground. she smiled at him seductively, pushing her hair out of her face.

she took a step closer. scott had never been so nervous. coincidentally, scott was wearing a plaid shirt too. malia began to slowly unbutton his shirt. scott finally also began unbuttoning his own shirt, smiling at her.