42. blair waldorf smiles

"and i was too afraid to say anything until the night of the party. well, i was still terrified, but i had an excuse. that was so wrong of me and i regret it so much. i'm so sorry." scott said as he finished telling malia the whole story.

malia stood there, shocked. she didn't speak for a while, not knowing what to say. she had just learned that her father was responsible for her heartbreak. and she had no idea.

there was one thing that still bothered malia about the situation. something seemed off.

scott didn't say anything either, knowing she needed time to process everything.

malia blew out a puff of air. "wow."

"yeah..." scott said.

malia looked down. then her eyes suddenly snapped back up. "i need to go talk to my dad."

she stepped around scott and pulled on the doorknob.

"we told you already!" lydia called through the door. "you can't leave until you make up."

"lydia, let me out. it's important." malia insisted.

"but-"

"lydia."

lydia sighed loudly. "fine."

the door opened, revealing a defeated lydia and an awkward-looking stiles. malia ran past them. she immediately left school and got in her car.

the car ride to her house gave malia about fifteen long minutes to think. but the more she thought, the angrier she became.

she stormed into her house, ready to unleash hell on her father. she didn't even know if he was at work or not. he had told her he would be. but with all of his recent lies, she decided it was worth the risk.

malia saw him sitting at the kitchen table with a newspaper in his hand. she walked right up to him and said, "dad." her voice was cold.

her dad made 'hmm' noise as an acknowledgement. he didn't even look up from his newspaper. he didn't ask why she wasn't at school. he didn't ask why tears were forming in her eyes. he didn't ask why she was angrier and sadder than she had ever been.

he didn't ask because he didn't care.

malia yanked the newspaper out of his hands and threw it on to the floor. her voice was a mix between pure rage and heartbreak when she said, "look at me."

mr. tate threw his hands up in confusion. "malia, what the he-"

"what the hell is wrong with you?" she interrupted.

he looked stunned. surprised.

"i knew you never liked scott. but this, dad? that's low. even for you." she said as she shook her head slightly.

her dad almost unnoticeably gulped. "i don't know what you're talking about."

malia scoffed. "please."

mr. tate didn't say anything.

at that moment, something inside malia snapped. all the anger she had bottled up for her dad for her years was pouring out. quickly. she hated him. hated him. this time, when she spoke, she no longer sounded sad. she didn't sound heartbroken. she sounded evil. she sounded like her old self. the girl that forced them to move to beacon hills.

"you know, i probably should've known. you can't resist your old ways, can you?" she smiled. a cold, dark smile.

she smiled like blair waldorf.

malia continued, "after what you did to mom... you felt a rush of power, didn't you?"

"malia." her dad warned.

"you felt a different happiness you'd never felt, right? nothing like mom could ever give you. and that's when you started... when you started ruining our lives."

"malia."

"that's why mom killed herself." malia said coldly. "that's why my sister was sent across the country to a boarding school. she was the only person i had left when mom died. and you sent her away."

mr. tate closed his eyes.

malia's voice almost sounded evil. but she didn't care. "i no longer want to impress you. i don't want to make you proud. you're as dead to me as mom is. you've taken everything from me. but if you ever try to take scott away from me again, you will regret it. trust me."

and malia slammed the door on the way out.

•••

Y'ALL I'VE BEEN WATCHING WAY TO MUCH GOSSIP GIRL THAT'S WHY MALIA'S SUDDENLY EVIL QKDJSKDKKAKDKDKS I EVEN HAD A BLAIR WALDORF REFERENCE

y'all i'm so southern it hurts.

I've also been sick like all week and i can't stop coughing so i think i'm dying so pray for me :)

-Kelsie