20. conversations end with the middle finger

lyduh
malia
don't freak out

moolooa
telling me not to freak out only makes it worse
what's going on

lyduh
there's a rumor that you and theo did it in the janitor's closet

moolooa
sex?
shjt
that's disgusting
i wOULD NEVER

lyduh
i know but that's what people are saying
some people say you did it more than once

moolooa
what is wrong with people
and what is wrong with theo

lyduh
i literally hate everyone

moolooa
except stilesssss
cause you loooovvveeee himmmmm
stydiaaaa

lyduh
tf is a stydia

moolooa
we've been over tHIS LYDIA
THAT'S YOUR SHIP NAME

lyduh
whatever stop changing the subject

moolooa
have you told him yet

lyduh
told him what

moolooa
that you love him
duh

lyduh
no
aND DON'T SAY A WORD
I'LL SLIT YOUR THROAT
i'll rip your throat out with my teeth lol

moolooa
k derek

lyduh
anyways
i'm sure theo will say something about it
if he does let me know and i'll handle it

moolooa
lol what're you gonna do

lyduh
scream like a banshee

moolooa
what's a banshee

lyduh
i took a test to see what kind of supernatural creature i'd be
i got a banshee
aka the wailing woman
i predict death

moolooa
you're so weird
i

wonder what i would be

lydia was right. once she got to school, everyone was staring at her. with mean looks. and she knew why.

theo raeken was the schools "bad boy". the guy every girl wanted. the guy every other guy wanted to be. because he was hot. what? malia wasn't a liar. but she knew scott was hotter.

so that was the cause of all the rude stares she got from the girls. they were jealous of something that didn't even happen. not like they'd ever believe the truth though. and there was no point in trying to convince them.

and what really wasn't helping her case, theo walked up right next to her, smirking. why did he always smirk?

she groaned. "what do you want, theo?"

"haven't you heard? we're the talk of the school."

malia rolled her eyes. "thank god that never really happened."

theo chuckled. "come on, lia. you know you secretly want to."

malia swung in front of him, stopping him in the middle of the hallway. "first of all, never call me 'lia'. second of all, i would never do anything like that with you, even if it meant saving the lives of three million puppies." malia sassed, and then kicked theo in the shin. hard.

she had turned away from theo, who was hopping up and down on one foot, who called out, "what about four million?"

malia didn't even turn around to face him. she just lifted her hand over her shoulder and flipped him off, how all their conversations seemed to end.

later, after school, scott and malia met to talk in the parking lot.

immediately, malia said, "hey, i'm sorry for lashing out on you the other day. i just just stressed out because of a... math test."

"it's fine. i totally get it." he smiled.

malia was surprised. she deserved to be yelled at or something. but she guessed she should've known how nice scott would be. how he always is. "thanks." she said softly.

"is there anything else going on?" he pressed.

malia reluctantly shook her head. "no. i'm fine." she forced a smile.

"good." scott nodded. "so... about taking things slow..."

malia cringed, she hated herself for that.

"no, it's okay!" scott assured her, obviously not wanting her to feel uncomfortable. "it's fine. it's my fault. i wasn't thinking when i said that about my mom. we can take things slow. not that i want to go slow, if anything i want to do the opposite. ah, crap, nevermind. not trying to pressure you or anything. i just-"

malia giggled, cutting off scott's rambling. "no, keep going." malia said. "it's adorable."

scott blushed, a sight malia loved seeing. they were happy. so why did malia have to make things so hard? deep down, she knew why, but she refused to admit it. she wouldn't be like her.

"anyways, we should hang out soon or something." scott said, less awkward than usual.

malia knew it would kill her, but she said yes.

"oh. and i heard a rumor about you and theo..." scott added.

malia groaned loudly. "i hate that rumor. i despise theo. and not the good kind."

"there's a good kind?" scott chuckled, looking over at her as she leaned against her car.

malia got lost for a moment. just staring at him. she wanted so badly to kiss him right then, but she held back the urge. the strong urge.

"you know, the kind where you hate someone, then start liking them? it's not that kind." malia assured him, not wanting him to think it was that kind.

"oh. good." scott grinned.

scott knew she wanted to take things slow. as much as he hated it, he didn't want to push her. so he only leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, leaving her smiling in the parking lot for a little while.

•••

It is so hard writing them taking things slow. I'm in about as much pain as them right now. (jk what's a boyfriend again?? Idk i haven't had one in decades.)

aLsO, yesterday I started shooting a bow and arrow. I'm okay at it, but I wanna get better so I can be like Allison Argent. (I know I never will but let me hope please.)

What do you guys want to see next with Scalia?

-Kelsie