25. stranger cuddles

scoot
do you wanna play a game

momlia
now scotty
i didn't think you were into that kind of stuff

scoot
not like that!

momlia
i can sense you blushing

scoot
am not

momlia
are to

scoot
anYWAY
let's play 21 questions

momlia
why

scoot
i wanna get to know you better
i know things already
but not enough
you know?

momlia
okay
so we just ask each other anything we wanna know

scoot
yep
i'll go first
what's your favorite food

momlia
deer

scoot
um
what?

momlia
uh deer meat
what'd you think i meant
you know
people go hunting
kill deers
cook them

scoot
oh
why would you kill them
oh and *deer

momlia
whatever lydia
it's my turn to ask
how many dead bodies have you seen

scoot
we don't ask those kind of questions malia

momlia
oh

what's your favorite movie

scoot
maid in manhattan

momlia
what
are you kidding rn

scoot
no
i just like that little boy in the movie
he's cool

momlia
yeah whatever
your turn

scoot
okie dokie
what's your favorite tv show?

momlia
friends
what's yours?

scoot
i LOVE FRIENDS
and you can't steal my question

momlia
i just did

scoot
fine
stranger things

momlia
never heard of it

scoot
GIRL
YOU GOTTA SEE IT

momlia
maybe i can come over and watch it sometime

scoot
that'd be freaking amazing
looking forward to it

malia plopped down on scott's bed after he let her in. they were getting ready to binge watch season one of stranger things on netflix. malia was excited, mainly because scott told her it was scary.

scott layed down beside her, a large bowl of popcorn in his hands. "crap." he said, getting back up. "forgot to turn off the lights."

once the lights were back off, he came back and layed down next to her. malia was already eating the popcorn.

"hey!" scott whispered. "you can't eat the popcorn before the movie starts."

malia whispered back, "it's not a movie. and why are you whispering?"

scott narrowed his eyes at her playfully. he turned on the show and they began watching.

sometime during the first episode, malia said, "scott, i thought you said this was scary." she looked over at scott, who was staring at the tv with a frightened look on his face.

"what are you talking about? i made my mom watch this with me the first time i watched it." he joked, still whispering.

malia laughed quietly. "i'll protect you." she wrapped an arm around him, pulling him closer to her.

she saw scott smile. the two stayed like that for a long time. you'd think they'd eventually separate. but you'd be wrong. eventually the two were full on cuddling without even realizing. malia's arm was still around scott, with his arms around her waist. malia's legs occasionally brushed scott's making both of their hearts leap. but that was all they noticed. they were so focused on the show that they didn't even realize how close they were.

sadly, there were only a few episodes of stranger things. once the season ended, the two were left upset that it was over. they just layed there silently for a moment, soaking in the gloriousness that was that show.

then malia looked at were she and scott were laying. and touching. oh.

she laughed a little, finding it funny neither of them had noticed. or maybe he had. she didn't move, loving how it felt in his arms. she didn't want to move.

malia yawned. "what time is it?"

scott picked his phone up off the night stand. "three a.m." scott placed his phone back then. then a look of realization flashed over his face. "uh-"

malia interrupted him by laying her head on his chest. she didn't want to leave his arms. scott seemed okay with it, so neither of them moved.

and they fell asleep in each other's arms. smiling.

•••

If you guys didn't understand the "Maid in Manhattan" reference, it's because Tyler Posey was in it when he was ten. I watched it yesterday and I swear he is the cutest child to ever walk this earth.

He's too pure for this world.

-Kelsie