chapter one: the big move.

*stephanie's pov*

my best friend devyn has been persuading me for the last few months to move into her huge house she shares with her boyfriend corey and all their friends and move out of my apartment in orange county. she's been texting me everyday about it.

devyn says that moving in with her friends would be fun, and i'd get some camera time because of her crazy vlogger friends. i've watched a few of their videos, but only for devyn because she's so proud of her boyfriend and all that sappy crap. i know all the names by heart because devyn never stops taking about them: sam, colby, aaron, elton, and of course corey and devyn. they're just a ton of crazy boys who do stupid shit, but i can live with that. plus- they're loaded, so taco bell ALL THE FRICKING TIME.

so, i gave in and decided i'll move in with her. they said i could sleep in the extra room near hers, because she knows i get anxiety attacks sometimes and devyn is the only one i trust to help me calm down, even though the last one i had was a year ago.

now it's moving day.

i sat down on my couch and started to watch some of corey's vlogs to occupy me until devyn comes, and wow, his friends are actually crazy. like bat shit crazy.

but they look like fun.

•••

i heard a dainty knock on the door and knew it was devyn. i walked over to the door and opened it up to see she brought corey along.

"hey, steph, i missed you so much!" she said and enveloped me in a hug.

"what's up, steph?" corey said and hugged me right after.

"nothing much, just excited to be moving out of this shithole," i said sarcastically, earning a laugh from them both.

"alright, well go change out of your pajamas, lazybones, and we'll start to pack this place up and drop it in the car."

"alright, mom." i rolled my eyes at her.

as i walked away i heard corey yell, "ooOoOOH SHIT DEVYN, SHE GOT YOU!"
he's such an idiot.

i opened the door into my room and opened my dresser to pick out my clothes for the day: black and white striped shirt i cut myself because i was too lazy to buy a crop top, black skinny jeans, my periwinkle converse and my blue jean jacket.

yes, i dress like a stereotypical emo 20 year old.
don't judge me. i wear colors pretty often, alright?

i realized my hair is sticking up in weird places so i brush out my curls and stick it under the shower head to wet it so it can dry down into more presentable curls.
i'm low maintenance.

i leaned over into my bathroom mirror and grabbed my mascara from the counter and put some on. i had to look a little less dead.

i stuck my favorite black beanie in my back pocket and walked out of my room to help devyn and corey pack up.

•••

finally we finished packing, and we brought all the boxes out to corey's car.

"thank you guys for going to all this trouble to help me out, you didn't have to," i said, looking at devyn with guilty eyes.

"oh stop it, steph, it was no trouble at all! hop in your car and follow us to your new home!" she exclaimed, hugging me for the tenth time today.

so i did as she said, i hopped into my one and only car, my 2013 ford fusion, miles. miles has been my car since i got my drivers license; i'll need to trade him in for a new car soon, but until then i've got to live with him.

i started it up and followed corey's car all the way back to their house, which is way bigger than i expected- this thing is an actual fucking mansion.

once i pulled in and hopped out of the car, i freaked out. "holy shit, devyn, i'm gonna be living here?" i said looking back and forth between devyn and the house with the look of a kid in a bouncy house on my face.

"yep! welcome home, best friend!" she yelled and we both ran to each other and hugged.
we are quite affectionate, i've come to realize.

"alright, lovebirds, come and help me get this shit into the house!" corey laughed from behind us.

i can't believe i get to call this place home.