chapter three: anxiety.

*colby's pov*

holy shit.

devyn never told me she'd be that pretty.

the second she looked at me, i fumbled on my words like an idiot. that's probably what she thinks i am.

devyn pulled her away, and she smiled at me before disappearing up the stairs.

"holy crap." i said to myself.

"ooh, colby's got a crush," corey poked at my sides and the rest of them laughed.

"do not,"

"do too! dude, you're freaking red like a tomato," sam said.

"it's okay, dude, we won't tell her. but don't lie to us- we saw you look at her." elton said, rubbing my arm.

"look at her?" i said, wondering what he meant.

"oh my god, are you kidding? dude, you were lost in space. you stopped breathing!" corey said, in awe of the fact i didn't know.

"so, maybe she's really, really, really pretty and i have insanely huge butterflies right now," i smiled awkwardly.

"awwwwwww wittle colby's nervous!" sam joked in a baby voice.

"oh shut up, you dick. just don't tell her, alright? she probably thinks i'm an idiot," i asked, scratching the back of my neck.

"we promise not to tell her, but she was totally into you too, man. i saw it in her eyes. she was, like, lost." elton told me.

"i hope so, uncle elton," i laughed.

"i'm gonna put on a movie, you guys in?" sam said.

"yeah, sounds cool," i agreed and tried to mask my major anxiety.

i went to my room and as i passed by hers i heard squealing and giggling. i smiled to myself and kept going. i went and threw on some sweatpants and played with my hair to ensure i didn't look ugly. i had to impress her a little but, didn't i?

when i sat back down, devyn ran in and grabbed all the boys but me. what was she planning?

they all came back in and sat down, but instead of going back to their regular spots, they sat in a different place and left only one space- next to me.

"oh, you dickheads are gonna get it." i growled at them and they giggled.

then she walked downstairs.

her hair was done up in a ponytail and she had on sweatpants and a pastel sweatshirt. she looks adorable, i just wanted to hug the life out of her-
woah, dude, chill, i told myself.

she made some small talk with elton and sam before sitting next to me.
my heart started beating and i got nervous so i fiddled with my shirt.

"colby, you're bright red," aaron giggled.
jesus, already embarrassing me.

"shut up, aaron," i growled at him.

"yo, dude, chill, we don't want to scare our new roomie, now do we?" he laughed at me.

i turned to her, filled to the brim with emotions.

"sorry, i'm not that scary," i laughed a bit to calm the situation.

"it's no big deal, i don't think you're scary." she smiled at me and sent my heart rolling downhill.

fuck.
i was already crushing, and i've only known her for three hours.