chapter nineteen: dinner for three- part one.

*stephanie's pov*

after sitting on the couch and talking for what felt like forever, i decided to bring up the dinner plan.

"alright, so where should we go for dinner? i have a new dress, so somewhere dresses are acceptable would be great," i smiled, a laugh slipping from my lips.

"let's go somewhere fancy, like a nice italian restaurant or something," colby suggested.

"ooh la la, let's-a get some spicy meat-a-balls!" brennen flailed his arms and made a fake italian accent.

"oh my god, brennen, stop," i covered my mouth to stop my laugh from getting too annoying.

"okay, so, i want some fancy ass pasta," brennen said to colby who had pulled out his phone to look for a restaurant.

"well, there's a nice little spot near the grove that has a 4.5 star rating, we could try and get you some 'fancy ass pasta' there," colby smiled, making brennen giggle.

"that sounds good. you guys go get all dressed up and i'll go get ready too." i nodded at the two boys in front of me and got up from the couch and made my way to my room. as i came up the stairs, i walked over to devyn's door and knocked on it.

"hey dev?"

the door clicked and swung open.

"hey, steph, what's up?" she smiled big, like she always does.

"i'm going out to a nice dinner with colby and brennen and i want to look nice. i know i haven't talked to you in like two days, and i hope you aren't mad, because i need someone to help me mask my ugliness," i joked, staring her in the eye, looking to see if she was angry with me.

"steph, i'm not mad. sure, i missed you a bit, but you have a boyfriend now and i'm letting you spend time with him. but i'll help you get ready, you know how much i love dolling you up!" she sighed, pulling me into a hug.

"okay, well i already have my outfit planned out, i just need some help with...well, this." i waved my hand in front of my face and smiled, making devyn laugh.

"you aren't ugly, stephanie." she held my cheek.

"i'd disagree, but it doesn't matter," i pushed her hand off my face and led her to my room to show her my dress and shoes.

"oh my god, this is adorable! your gonna look amazing," she squealed, handing them to me and forcing me into them. i changed in my closet and came out to a happy devyn.

"wow, you look beautiful." she stared me up and down.

"really? even with my frizzy hair and crusty makeup?" i laughed, not believing her for a second.

"yes, stephanie. now, go wash your face, i'm gonna put some new makeup on you and i'll do your hair." she smiled kindly.

i walked to the bathroom, my boots barely making noise because i walk so quietly, and i rubbed away my old makeup and prepped my face for more.

i entered the bedroom again to see devyn poking around her bags full of makeup.

"here, come sit down," she gestured to the chair in front of my desk, "and we'll get to making you extra beautiful."

she put a bit of concealer on underneath my eyes, and then she put on some peachy eyeshadows that matched the flowers on my dress. she did the whole devyn package, highlight and all. she also applied some new eyeliner and mascara, and then she swiped a peachy nude lipstick across my lips.

"what do you want me to do with your hair?" she smiled as she showed me my makeup. i looked really nice, definitely better than i usually do. the makeup distracts you from my unattractive features.