chapter thirteen: day out.

*stephanie's pov*

i woke up in colby's arms and also in his sweatshirt.
god, why am i letting myself get so far into this? i can't let myself fall too hard for him; i don't want to ruin things, and i know i eventually will.

i slowly unraveled myself from him, letting him keep sleeping as i went upstairs to take a shower and get ready for whatever i was going to do today. maybe i'd hang out with someone other than colby- i have been letting him consume my life for the past few days.

before i turned on the shower, i went to devyn's room and knocked on the door. i heard little footsteps and then the doorknob turned.

"hey, steph, what's up?" she smiled, swinging the door open a bit more.

"not much. i was just wondering if you wanted to hang out today. i know i've been spending a lot of time with colby, and i don't want you to think i've forgotten about you," i grinned sincerely.

"aw, i didn't think you forgot about me. i have to get ready, but sure, i'll spend the day with you. we can go get some lunch and walk around for a bit."

"alright, that sounds perfect. i'll go get ready and i'll meet you downstairs." i smiled, giving her a quick hug and leaving her to do her thing.

i went back in to the bathroom and took my shower, wrapped my towel around myself, and ventured into my forest of clothes that i'd have to search through once again.
i sorted through shirts and pants and dresses and eventually settled for my cropped twenty one pilots shirt (another that i crappily cut up myself) and my black high waisted shorts, and you guessed it, my special black chuck taylors.

i changed out of colby's sweatshirt and my pajama shorts and walked over to my mirror, deciding to go crazy and put some eyeliner on with my mascara and chapstick.
woah, slow your roll, crazy girl, i joked with myself.

i grabbed my wallet and my phone off the dresser, took colby's sweatshirt off my bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab some water.
it was around 12 am now, and colby was still sound asleep on the couch.
all i wanted to do was cuddle and kiss him all day, but i knew i had to get out and leave him for a while.

i grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and walked over to colby, placing his sweatshirt next to him. devyn came down the stairs as i did.

"ready to go?" she asked, excited to get out a bit.

"yep, let's go out through the garage and let elton know we're leaving. somebody's gotta be able to tell the rest where we are." i smiled, opening the door for her.

"hey uncle elton, we're going out for some lunch and to do some waking around. we'll be back later, text us if you need us," i said, putting his shoulder and beginning to exit the garage.

"alright, see you later," he said, eyes not leaving his computer screen.
he edits too much.

devyn walked over to my car, miles, and i unlocked it and hopped in.

"so, where do we wanna go for lunch?" i asked, pulling out of the driveway.

"wanna go to panera?" she suggested.

"sure."

•••

*colby's pov*