chapter nine: tickles.

*colby's pov*

after all my friends stopped jumping around me and things calmed down, i started to walk back towards steph when she started to wobble around a bit, her legs seeming as if they couldn't hold her up anymore.

"are you okay, steph?" i asked, worried.

her knees started shaking.

"yo, dude, what the hell is going on?" corey half-yelled, while everyone began to worry about her.

i knew exactly what was happening. her body was shaking, she was wheezing loudly and looking around the room trying desperately to recognize something. she was having another panic attack; she must have been overwhelmed by the kiss or something.

i quickly grabbed her side and asked everyone to calm down as i led her over to the couch.

•••

*steph's pov*

perfect fucking timing, right? right after i kiss colby for the first time, my world decides to turn blurry and my body starts shaking.

i feel colby's hands wrap around me and walk me over to something soft, probably a couch.

he was saying words to me that i couldn't understand, so i just tried to block him out for a second. i squeezed my eyes shut and remembered what he told me the first time he helped me through an attack.

you control it. you control it. his words echoed inside my head and i was able to slow down my breathing.

i opened my eyes to a room full of friends, and only did i realize i when i was back to normal i was squeezing colby's hands with all my strength.

•••

*colby's pov*

"are you sure you're alright? you had it pretty bad," i said to her as she apologized to everyone in the room.

"i'm fine, colby, i promise." she smiled, turning back to our friends.

"let's just move on, alright? i want to forget that this happened. let's go do something, let's go eat some dinner or something," she suggested.

"yeah, i'm actually getting pretty hungry. does that sound good to you guys?" devyn asked, getting approval from the rest of us.

"alright, let's go then! i'm gonna go change." stephanie said, and was off the couch and up the stairs in seconds.

when we heard her door close, sam spoke up.

"she's crazy, dude. she just had a fucking panic attack and now she wants to get dinner," he laughed.

"well, at least she doesn't want us to worry, even though i'm sure we all will. you picked a good one, colby." elton looked at me.

"yeah, i guess i did," i smiled to myself.

•••

stephanie came downstairs a few minutes later with the same ripped black shirt on, but instead of sweats she had on some black skinny jeans and her periwinkle chuck taylors.
yes, i remembered the color. it's her favorite.
she always looks cuter than me, i thought to myself as i remembered my black jeans, my blue sweatshirt, black vans and my beanie.