chapter twenty eight: vidcon- part five.

(an: yayyy last vidcon chapter!! i hope you guys liked the little segment i did about her first vidcon, it was a huge milestone for steph and i wanted to put effort into something important to her. thank you all so much for reading, i love you all with everything my heart can give !!
also, check out the song above if you haven't heard it bc iM OBSESSED)

stephanie's pov*

i searched through the last few clean pieces of clothing i had in my suitcase and chose a cute floral t-shirt and my bleached overalls, then i slipped on my periwinkle chucks to match. i was very light today- i think it's because i've been feeling so happy lately.
i had curled my hair and slapped on some makeup beforehand, so i was all ready for my last day at vidcon. today i was actually going to be busy- i was part of the "new creators" panel, and i surprisingly have a meet and greet arranged. most of the tickets sold out, which is insane to me.

i locked my hotel door and knocked on colby's, and he swung it open with that goofy smile on his face that i loved so much.

"ready to go?" he kissed my cheek.

"yep!" i chirped.

we headed down to the lobby and out into the venue, where i'd be spending the day.

•••

*colby's pov*

"thank you so much for having me and letting me succeed in this field, i really hope to do great things and inspire people- that's what i've always dreamed of doing. a special thanks to
vidcon for inviting me out, and yeah! see you guys next time!" stephanie smiled as she stood on stage. she just finished her very first panel, and she did an amazing job- her anxiety didn't even show.

she walked offstage, a crowd of applause following her out, and found me by the mic guy. she jogged over and hugged me tightly, smiling.

"you did awesome out there, did you enjoy it?" i asked.

"yeah, actually. i got less nervous as time went on. that was really cool!" she said brightly.
"wanna go get some coffee before my very first meet and greet?"

"sure thing." i said, smiling.

i wanted to hold her hand, but she said she wanted to wait until we told everyone we were dating to do all that stuff in public. so i just walked beside her, longing to kiss her and never stop.

we walked into a starbucks and she ordered a vanilla coffee frappuchino, and i got an iced
caramel macchiato. we sat in a window seat and relaxed for a while.

"so, any advice for my first meet and greet?" she said, sipping her drink.

"well, one: don't be nervous, because it's highly likely the people meeting you are more scared than you are of them." i replied, earning a nod.
"two: you will have overexcited fans, mellow fans, and scared, quiet fans. just be nice to all of them and things will go smoothly," i added, "and three: just be your beautiful, charming self, because that's who they came to see." i smiled.

"you're good at advice." she chuckled adorably.

"god, i wanna kiss you so badly right now," i laughed.

•••

*stephanie's pov*

"oh my god, i can't believe this is happening right now," the girl in front of me squealed. she was adorable- she had red straight hair, lots of freckles and a big smile. she kind of reminded me of ginny weasley from harry potter- in a good way, of course.

"hi, it's so nice to meet you! what's your name?" i said sweetly, trying to mask my intense social anxiety right now.

"i-i'm maria!" she smiled brightly.