chapter seven: the fair.

*stephanie's pov*

i ran to devyn with my baja blast and my taco bell and sat down, a huge smile spread across my face.

"why do you look so happy?" she asked.

"colby got me a baja blast," i giggled.

"so? it's just a drink from taco bell," she laughed with me.

"well, that may be true, but it made me happy, dev!" i smiled even wider.

"you really are crazy for him, aren't you?" she said, leaving her head on her hand.

"almost."

colby walked in with his food, his face a crimson red. he was holding back a smile as he sat across from me. while everyone ate our food and talked, colby and i kept exchanging glances.

he broke the staring session to look down at his phone.

•••

*colby's pov*

i was still a mess after what happened. i kept looking at steph while everyone ate, but i didn't want to ask her about why she did it, especially because everyone was with us. so i decided to wait until i was able to get her alone again.

"we should go out tonight," elton said, sparking an idea.

"maybe we can go to the fair or something," sam chimed in.

"oh yeah, that'd be awesome! we can all go on rides and shit," corey said excitedly.

"is that good with you guys?" elton asked me, steph, and aaron.

"yeah, i think that'd be fun." aaron replied.

"sure, let's do it," i smiled, and steph nodded in agreement.

•••

*stephanie's pov*

"dev, i need help," i asked her as she changed in her closet.

"with what?" she asked,  exiting the closet with a floral crop top, blue jeans and boots.

"you look cute! and i need help finding something to wear," i replied.

"well, let's go check your room for cute stuff. after all you do have to impress your boyfriend," she giggled and ran to my room.

god, she's such a kid sometimes.

"dev, just help me please!" i yelled at her as i ran to my room behind her.

"alright. what kind of vibe are we feeling today?" she asked me as she started to sort through my drawers.

"anything that will make me look cute," i laughed.

i waited another minute, and all of a sudden devyn screamed, "GOT IT!"

"shit, dev, you just broke my eardrum," i punched her in the arm and she sat down with my newly picked outfit.

she had grabbed some black skinny jeans, a white and yellow striped crop top with a sunflower peeping out of the pocket and my signature chuck taylors.

"do you think this is good enough?" i asked, nervous about looking weird.

"we're going to a fair, not a gala, steph. now go change!" she shooed me into the bathroom.

i threw on the clothes she picked and came out to see her standing at my mirror with makeup all over the table.

"are you gonna makeup me?" i laughed.