chapter thirty three: lovebirds.

*colby's pov*

i woke up around 1 am, about an hour after me and stephanie's, um... experience. stephanie was fast asleep next to me. her body was still bare, and i didn't want anyone to look at her like that, so i tried my hardest to pull one of my nearby oversized sweatshirts over her body. once i succeeded, i slid out of the bed and left her to sleep. i pulled on some sweatpants and made my way downstairs.

i heard some noise coming from the kitchen, so i went down only to find corey in there making a snack.

"hey brother, what's up?" corey smiled as i walked into the room.

"not much, just hungry." i replied as i opened the fridge.

"so, what'd you do tonight bro?" corey coughed awkwardly, a little smile gracing his face.

"not much, just hung around with steph," i replied slowly.

he was acting weird.
why was he acting weird?

"oh, okay," corey nodded.

"so when did you get home?" i asked, swiping some ice cream from the freezer.

"an hour ago."

i looked corey in the eyes and i saw the look in his face, and in that moment i realized why he was acting so weird.

fuck.

"dude," i grumbled, leaning on the counter and shoving my face into my hands.

"hey, i mean, good for you colby!" corey started giggling like he always does when he can't hold it in anymore.

"did- did you hear it or something?" i groaned, peeking my eye out from behind my hands.

"dude, your room is right down the hall." he was still giggling.

"damnit, dude. i thought no one was home," i smiled a little, "i'm sorry you had to hear all of that." i chuckled quietly.

"i mean, it's not that weird. i'm pretty sure we've all done it somewhere in this house by now. i'm not grossed out, don't worry." he patted my back.

he started giggling again, and i gave in.
the two of us stood in the kitchen, laughing our asses off like idiots, and then i apologized to corey again because i knew it was probably pretty fricking weird hearing one of your best friends having sex a few rooms over.

"just give me or the other guys a heads up if you're gonna mess around with your girlfriend next time, dude," he walked over to the sink with his dirty plate and turned back around, "you're lucky you got stuck with me. imagine if elton, sam, or even worse, brennen was here."

"holy crap," corey's statement completely changed my perspective on this whole ordeal.

"bro, they'd fuckin burst in and vlog it or something really messed up- brennen would bring up brolby or something and everything would just suck, dude," he said, his voice on the brink of another laughing fit.

"oh my god, let's just stop talking about it!" i hit his arm and he pretended to be in pain.

"i'm gonna go back upstairs and try to fall asleep, i'll see you tomorrow," he smiled and headed out of the kitchen.

"see you," i called back, as he was already halfway up the stairs.

i sat down at the table in front of the kitchen island with my mug of ice cream and pulled out my phone. i went to youtube and went to steph's channel, because i haven't watched many of her videos lately. i've been too busy spending time with her.

i watched some of her funnier videos with the roommates, and then i came across her cover of "build me up buttercup". she took a lot of inspiration from dodie clark, and i know that because she's always listening to her music.

i watched as my favorite girl sang soft and sweet, her voice quiet and her fingers gliding across her ukulele. my eyes began to feel heavy, and before i knew it, the beautiful sound of her and put me to sleep.

•••

"wake up, stupid," i felt a soft hand scruff my hair.

i opened my eyes and felt a wetness on my cheek. i lifted my face and a long, thick strand of saliva stretched from my arm to my face.

"again?" i groaned, wiping my face and looking up to a cute, tired stephanie. she handed me a napkin.

"how'd you know i'd need one?"

"you drool when you sleep." she smiled.

"stalker," i joked. she just laughed and kissed my face- well, clean side of it.

"why were you sleeping down here?" she asked as she walked behind me to get into the fridge.

"i came downstairs last night to get ice cream, and i was watching you on youtube, and i just fell asleep i guess," i replied.

"why were you watching me? my videos suck, haha," she laughed to herself.

"no, they don't. i was watching you sing and you put me to sleep like i was a baby." i smiled.

"you are a baby," she giggled as i stood up and walked over to her.

"but i'm your baby," i leaned down a bit and kissed her all over her face.

"ew, god, stop being so cheesy, jesus!" she pushed me away, her face burning hot with color.

"you love it." i showered her with kisses once more.

"so, got any plans for today?" she pushed me off as she giggled again.

"depends. did you have anything in mind?"

"well, i wanted to go check on corinna, but she doesn't want to see me, so not really." she rocked back and forth on her feet in my sweatshirt i put over her last night.

"well, if you want, we can go out and do some shopping, maybe get some lunch? my treat," i rested my hands on her hips.

"oh, no, you don't have to spend money on me, it's alright. i have money." she shook her head and looked down at her feet.

"but it's my job to spoil you, and as a good boyfriend, i'm insisting that you let me buy you stuff you don't need!" i pecked her lips and dashed away, heading towards my room.

"be ready in an hour!" i shouted when i reached my door.
i heard her soft laugh come from downstairs, and my heart jumped a little in my chest.

________________________________

[AN: cute little update chapter !!

i've been battling with writer's block and a lot of other things in my life lately, so i'm sorry the update took so long !! i'm really trying for you guys.

i hope you liked the new chapter ! if you did, please comment and vote, because it makes me happy :)

i know i say it all the time, but thank you all for sticking with me. you have no idea how much it really means to me.

i'll try to update as soon as i can, sorry for the wait ! i love you all.

💙