chapter twenty two: the first video.

*stephanie's pov*

i grabbed the camera colby had given to me and went downstairs, finding him in the couch playing rocket league with sam. i dropped the camera in his lap.

"what was that about?" he said, picking up the camera with a face full of confusion.

"i'm going to make my first video and i need someone to help me out. who better to ask than the guy who taught me how to edit?"

"i would've thought you'd ask me to be in your video because i'm your boyfriend, but whatever works." he smiled jokingly, earning a little chuckle from me.

"finish up your game and meet me upstairs." i ran back up the staircase to my room and jumped on my bed, grabbing my laptop and opening up my youtube page. i haven't checked it since i made it, so-
wait, what?
holy fuck.
my subs.
my subscriber count.
i have 50,000 subscribers already, there's not even a video up, what the hell?

"COLBY, GET YOUR ASS UP HERE, I HAVE NEWS!" i screeched from my room to the downstairs.
a few seconds later i heard footsteps coming down the hallway.

"what are you screaming about?" he entered my room and sat down on my bed.

"have you...have you looked at my page since we created it?" i stared at my screen with awe.

"no, i haven't gotten the chance. why, is there something wrong?" he answered.

"no, colby. i have 50,000 subscribers." i smiled, my excitement growing by the second.

"wait, what? you have 50k?! holy shit, steph, that's amazing! i guess that shoutout i gave you really helped. you've gotta get a new video up!" he kissed me quickly and smiled, looking just as happy as i was.

"well, i've got my intro down. it's simple, but it'll work. and i was thinking we could just do a basic q&a for the first video, because i think i want people to know me before i show them my life," i explained to him, and he nodded vigorously, a happy smile painted on his face.

"okay, well, do you want me to ask my followers for questions or do you want to do it?" he questioned.

"you do it, you'll get better questions." i smirked.

colby took out his phone and tweeted out about the q&a, and immediately got some answers. i set my camera up on the tripod i borrowed from colby and turned it on.

"hello everybody, my name is stephanie and welcome to my channel!"

•••

"alright guys, that wraps up my very first video!  thank you all so much for subscribing, i can't believe i have 50k! i love you all so much. also, big thanks to colby brock, one of my roommates and one of my best friends, for helping me make this video. if you enjoyed this video, leave a like and a comment, because that makes my self-esteem go up, and make sure you hit that subscribe button and click the bell to be notified when i post. i'll see you guys in the next video. bye!" colby waved and i smiled wide, kissed my hand and then covered the lens, turning off the camera.

"you were made for this stuff, steph, that was great! i really think that youtube is the perfect job for you, i know all of your subscribers will love you." he enveloped me in a warm hug.

"thanks, colby. i'm gonna do my best to edit this, and then maybe we can hang out or something."

"what's the 'or something' though?" he smirked devilishly.

"not sure. just go play rocket league with your boyfriend." i winked, pushing him off my bed with a laugh.

"i'm offended!" he gasped dramatically, making a fool of himself.

"just go downstairs, i'll come down soon." i smiled, and he walked out the door.

•••

after two hours of jumpcuts and awkward zooms, i finally finished editing and i uploaded it to youtube. the title was "I MADE A Q&A FOR MY FIRST VIDEO?!?!"
i've got to keep my sarcastic clickbait humor going, guys.

i tweeted out about my video, threw my phone on the bed and scaled the stairs out of pure happiness.

"COLBYIUPLOADEDTHEVIDEO!" i yelled fast as i ran towards him in the kitchen. he turned around and i caught him off guard by wrapping my arms around his neck and nearly knocking him over with the force of my hug.

"are you okay? you're acting like a five year old on a sugar rush," he smiled at me, lifting my head from his shoulder.

"i'm your five year old," i nuzzled his nose, kissing his soft lips.

"NAS-TY." sam exaggerated as he walked into the kitchen.

"shut up, sam," colby glared, half-joking.

sam opened his phone and clicked on something.
"so you finally uploaded your first vid-" sam stopped.

"what? is there something wrong?" i rushed over to him and looked at his phone.

"how many followers do you have on twitter?"

"um, not sure, somewhere around like 10,000 maybe? i've had twitter for a long time, and after being friends with you guys it's probably gone up." i replied, titling my head.

"steph, your video already has over 15,000 views."

"holy crap, what?! this is all happening so fast, i can't believe this, are the responses positive?" i started rambling and pacing the floor.
what if people didn't like it?
what if they hated me?
what if they thought i was stupid?

"shhh, calm down, babe. it's fine. i know they love you," colby stopped me by the shoulders and held me in place, banishing my bad thoughts with his bright smile.

"no, steph, actually, all the comments so far are really nice. i think you've got your work cut out for you," sam smiled, hugging me. i hugged him back, ecstatic about all of the news.

"i'm so happy, i can't believe that this might actually work out." i said to sam and colby.

"hey, you have a pretty good subscriber count, maybe you'll get to go to vidcon this year. sam and i are going, so you could come with us. you'll get to meet more potential youtube friends," sam mentioned.

"wait, wait, hold on a second. you're telling me if i get invited to vidcon, i get to meet all my favorite youtubers?" my eyes widened, darting from sam to colby and back to sam.

"yeah, you will." colby laughed.

"oh my god, i have to get to that convention," i looked at colby with hopeful eyes.

"we'll get you there, don't worry."