chapter thirty two: hunger.

*stephanie's pov*

colby and i walked back up to the hospital room where corinna, liza, and david were now fully situated. i was nervous to go back, because i know that corinna doesn't exactly appreciate me or my sympathy.

"i can sense something's wrong, steph," colby said as we walked towards the elevator.

"i'm just worried about how corinna is going to act when she sees me again," i replied.

"listen, you've gotta stop telling yourself corinna hates you. she doesn't hate you, she's just jealous of you."

is he crazy?

"what is there to be jealous of?" i scoffed. literally, there's nothing about me that's worth being jealous over.

"hmm, let's see. you have beautiful eyes, your hair is soft and curly and the perfect shade of brown, you have adorable freckles, you manage to be cute and sexy at the exact same time, you have an amazing body, you're a great kisser, the list goes on and on and on," he walked closer to me as we entered the elevator and the doors closed.
each thing he added to the list made my cheeks burn hotter.

"but corinna is just as pretty, if not prettier than me." i said, almost choking on my words, because colby was still moving closer, and my heart was beating fast.

"yeah, but," he gently placed his hands on my waist and hovered his lips above my ear, "she's not you."

he placed a kiss on my cheek and went to go in for one on the lips, and god, did i want that kiss.

he waited, his lips less than an inch from mine, then he pulled away and stood in the middle of the elevator.

"y-you're such a tease," i struggled to say, as my head was spinning from the aftershock of his impact on my body.

he makes something inside me rattle, and it feels like an engine is being revved inside my stomach. he makes me want things, and he creates this hunger that is now becoming insatiable. all i want is for him to take me and just start f-

um, uh, ahem- he, uh, makes me want...stuff.

my face flushed and the elevator doors opened, and he took my hand and led me out, a slight smirk on his face.

•••

*colby's pov*

stephanie walked a little awkwardly next to me, her face still a rosy pink.

i'm not really sure, but i had this weird feeling where i just decided to act all...sexy, i guess? seductive? i'm not really sure what it was, but i think she liked it.

she kept looking at me and biting her lip when she thought i couldn't see her, and i just smiled.
she's so cute.

we walked up to the door of corinna's room, and it was open, like most of the doors on the floor. liza waved to steph and she scurried in, sitting next to liza. i went and took a seat next to david.

"so, um, how are you feeling, corinna?" she asked cautiously.

"i'm okay. my nose hurts and my legs are numb, but i'm doing alright. thanks for asking." corinna replied, surprisingly nicely.

"that's, um, that's great!" steph smiled.

david, corinna, liza, and steph carried on with a conversation, and i just stared at her.

she was wearing a black crop top with maroon ripped jeans and vans, and her hair was left curly and pulled into a half-up pony, kind of the way i remember that dodie clark does her hair. i could see her small little rolls that she's trying to cover with her arms, and my heart fluttered a bit. she's so beautiful.
every so often she'd bite her lip or just keep a pensive look, and that's when she turned from cute to sexy. her eyes had an unintentional seductive glaze, and her lips were soft and intriguing.
i tried to push out the thoughts of what i wanted to do to her, how badly i just wanted to-