chapter eleven: vlog footage.

*stephanie's pov*

i texted into the house group chat and told everyone to come to the living room.
colby set up the camera as our roommates trickled in, and then explained what was going on.

"okay, so big news, everybody. steph made a channel," colby announced.

"wow, really? that's awesome, steph!" corey exclaimed, the others saying similar things.

"i set up the camera so we can introduce her into the house and vlogs officially, and we'll go to the mall and just get a ton of footage with her so the viewers get to know her a bit. then we can tell everyone about her channel when we get home later." colby explained.

"alright, so how do we want to do this?" elton asked.

"well, steph can stay off camera and we can all be in front of it, and we can pull her in and just go nuts. best to be how we always are, right? crazy?" colby laughed.

"sounds like a good plan. let us induct stephanie into our home in our pajamas!" sam yelled in a fake, king-like accent, making everyone chuckle.

colby had me stand behind the camera while everyone stood in front, and he pressed record.

"hey guys, i'm here with all my roommates and today we have some big news. can i get a drumroll?" he said enthusiastically, earning a few different off-timed drum rolls from corey, sam and aaron.

"there is someone we'd like you to meet! come on in here girlfriend," sam said in his girl voice, and i ran in and jumped on colby's back. everyone started screaming and colby hollered, "IT'S OUR NEW ROOMIE STEPHANIE!" i smiled at the camera and waved.
everyone jumped around and screamed for another minute just make things funny, then calmed down on the crazy act and i came down off of colby and smiled again.

"i thought you were gonna knock him over, steph," elton laughed.

"well, this is our new roommate. since she's such a big part of our lives, we thought it'd be fun to bring her into yours." colby told the camera.

"today we're gonna go shopping at the mall with stephanie and get to know her a bit. how's that sound?" he said, turning to me.

"sounds fun. let's go!" i improvised, running off screen dramatically and everyone else deciding to follow.

"i think she's starting to become one of us crazy people," colby smiled into the camera and put his hand over the lens, turning it off.

"how'd i do?" i asked him, coming back into the room, while everyone went back to their rooms to get ready for the rest of our day.

"pretty good. ready to go shopping and vlog like maniacs?" he laughed back at me.

"you know it, bud," i poked his cheek and ran upstairs.

i closed the door behind me and walked into my closet, wondering what i was going to change into. everyone else was getting changed because it was the 11 in morning and we were still all in our pajamas. not even my famous friends cared about how they looked on camera.

i looked for a few minutes, finally deciding on my black skinny jeans, my red flannel with short sleeves, a white t-shirt and my chuck taylors (which we all expected, didn't we?)
as i got changed, i realized i must always look like a repressed emo, like, everyday. but it's not so wrong to like skinny jeans, is it?

i walked over to my mirror and examined my hair, which was frizzy and curly and all over the place.
"god, steph, how do you manage to keep it under control?" i said out loud to my reflection.
i pulled out my straightener and decided to go the easy route where my hair doesn't need to dry again, and i put on some mascara and chapstick.
i'm not the most avid makeup user.