chapter eighteen: the grove.

*colby's pov*

i was awaken in my bed at the odd time of 10:47 by a text from brennen.

brennen: dude i miss you and i wanna meet your girlfriend, can i come over today?

colby: sure, that sounds cool. oh yeah, steph is actually my girlfriend now. oh, can you bring over some sour patch kids when you come? i'm craving some of those.

brennen; okay, cool. and sure, i'll bring you some candy

brennen: wait

brennen: whaT

brennen: SHE'S ACTUALLY YOUR GIRLFRIEND HOLY SHIT DUDE WHAT HAPPENED EXPLAIN

colby: gotta come over to hear what happened. see you soon brennen

i laughed to myself at how stupid he is sometimes. brennen overreacts to everything.

i pulled the covers off of my bed and climbed out, throwing on a t-shirt from my chair of kind of clean clothes, and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

i squeezed some toothpaste onto my toothbrush and started scrubbing away, and i ran my hands through my hair. i picked up my hairbrush and started multitasking.

i rinsed off my toothbrush and exited the bathroom, waking back into my room and digging into my closet. i settled for a maroon t-shirt, black ripped jeans, and if i went out today i'd probably throw on my vans and my black jean jacket.
i like to plan my outfits, alright?

i spritzed some cologne on and i went downstairs to grab some cereal.
as i traveled down the staircase, a delightful smell wafted into my nose. it smelled like...pancakes?

i walked a little faster and dashed to the kitchen to find steph at the stove cooking pancakes and bacon.

"oh my god give me some right now," i shouted, hovering over her as she flipped one over.

"you can have some in a second, go sit down, colby." she ordered with a smile.

"damn, alright, mom." i joked and sat down at the counter, anticipating my plate of food.

she took three off of the stove and stacked them on a plate, putting some bacon on the side, and she gave them to me with a bottle of syrup.

"have at it," she giggled.

i dove right in as she turned back to the stove and shoveled breakfast down in two minutes. i let out a few quiet moans of satisfaction because those pancakes were just so good, making her laugh a little, and when she turned around with a plate of her own, all my food was gone.

"holy shit, colby, when was the last time you ate?" she laughed, an surprised look painted on her face as she spotted my clean plate.

"those pancakes may be the best i've ever had. how are you so good at cooking?" i asked, honestly wondering.

"i'm not that good, pancakes aren't hard," she blushed a little, staring at her plate as she took a bite of her food.

"stephanie, i don't think anyone in this house can cook as well as you can. sam is okay, but you make everything so fricking good. you need to go on masterchef or something," i smiled, making her blush even harder.
i liked it when i made her blush.