chapter thirty six: japan- part two.

*stephanie's pov*

the past few days have been insane.
after racing through the streets in mario karts and costumes, going to robot shows, riding on boats, going to sumo tournaments, and touring castles, i've concluded that i've never had more fun in my entire life.

today we're going on a hike and exploring "monkey mountain".

as you can probably guess, i'm fricking pumped.

•••

*colby's pov*

elton, brennen, and jay were out grabbing some breakfast for all of us, so it was just me and steph in the hotel room.

"hey colby, can you grab me my black send it shirt? the cropped one?" steph asked as she stood in front of the wall mirror.

i got up off the bed and flipped open her suitcase, pulling out the one i think she asked for and handing it to her with a smile.

"thank you," she said as she slipped it on over her body.

"you look cute in crop tops." i slipped my arms around her waist. i looked at her body in the mirror and noticed a change.
did she lose weight?
not that she wasn't skinny before, she was absolutely beautiful before, she still is, but the change in weight was noticeable. her little belly was flattening.

"hey, did you lose weight?" i asked, looking into her eyes through the mirror.

"oh, yeah, actually. i've been dieting a little bit, and all the walking we've been doing over the past few days has helped me drop a few." she replied.

"you're not doing it to impress anyone, right? you're only doing it to make yourself happier?" i asked, letting go of her body and turning her towards me, "because trust me, i will fuck up whoever is making you feel fat, if that's the case, i will fuck their shit up so bad, i swear to god-"

"yes, colby. it's only for me. i felt
uncomfortable with myself, so i'm fixing that," she chuckled.

"okay, i'm sorry. i just get carried away, you know how protective i am," i smiled, leaning down and placing a kiss on her lips, "hey, it looks good. you look really good."

she giggled then turned back to the mirror, double checking her outfit.

i sat down on the bed and took a second to remember just how pretty she actually was.
lately she's been wearing more crop tops, and she hasn't been covering her stomach and legs as much. she stopped wearing makeup and straightening her hair, letting her freckles and her curls free. her skin is glowing, her smile is brighter; it's almost like she's blossoming or something.

"colby, i see you staring at me," she said, a deep crimson blush spreading to her face.

"sorry, just admiring you, that's all." i looked away.

"you're an idiot, you know that?" she came and sat next to me on the bed.

she smiled at me and bit her lip, and then i got that stupid, overwhelming feeling again.
the one where i just feel that big wave of love crash right on my head and chest.
i never really understood why i felt that way; i don't think anyone understands.
but there's just this weird feeling of déjà vu you get when you're with someone you love. it's like you've known them forever, but every time you look at them, you're meeting them for the first time.
i know that sounds confusing and totally dramatic, but all i know is that when i look at her, i can't help but feel more than just happy.

"god, the things you do to me." i mumbled and kissed her softly. i tried to find a way to transfer how i feel through that kiss, and i'm not sure if there was a way, but i tried.