chapter two: meeting the roomates.

*stephanie's pov*

after about 20 minutes we finally managed to drag my stuff in the house and up the stairs to my room.

"steph, sam just texted me and said everyone is on their way home, so be ready to meet your new roommates!" i heard devyn yell from down the hall.

i yelled back a quick "okay" and ran to the bathroom to check myself.
makeup? check.
hair good? eh.
am i cute? not at all but whatever.
i guess i'm as ready as i'll ever be- once i put on some chapstick.

i went back to my new bed and sat down on the edge. my heart was beating so fast i was afraid it might pop out of my chest. why was i so nervous? it's just a couple of boys.
cute boys, i thought.
no, stephanie, you can't get feelings for anyone. they'll never like you that way anyway. i shot myself down, because i need to keep myself in line.

i heard the door open and devyn stood in the doorway.
"you okay? i had a weird feeling, i came to check up in you," she said, clearly concerned.

"no, no, i'm alright, dev," i said, trying to lessen her worry.

"now i know you're lying. what's wrong?" she said, coming to sit next to me and pat my back.

"i'm just nervous, i guess," i said, shrugging.

"about what? i know they'll love you, they'll be all over you. they're the nicest boys i know. i can guarantee they'll be in love with you in no time." she told me, a smile on her face.

"but dev, what if they don't like me? i'm just a girl. i'm not that special, i get nervous and i annoy everyone and i- i just, i don't want to mess things up if i have a chance at more friends." i said, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"oh, steph, don't you dare say those things! you know that's not true. i love you and so will they-"

the downstairs door opened and we heard footsteps.

i looked at devyn and she gave me a look of reassurance.

"you can do it."

"okay."

i drew a deep breath and told myself i could do this.

"hey devyn, we're home!" an unknown voice yelled.

"oh, that's sam," she told me, "awesome! stephanie's here, i'll bring her down!" she yelled back down the stairs.
"come on!" she nearly yanked my arm of it my socket and pulled me down the staircase.

standing in the kitchen were all the roommates. it was weird seeing them in real life- i'd only ever seen them on my computer screen.

"guys, this is stephanie," she gestured them to come over, "stephanie, this is aaron," aaron shook my hand, "elton," he waved and said hey, "sam," who looked excited to meet me, gave me a hug and said "wow, so nice to meet you, roomie!" and then lastly, "and this is colby." she turned me to him.

colby stared at me with awe and then shook his head and smiled this perfect, beautiful smile and said, "um- hi, i'm col- uh, i'm colby," he said, clearly distracted by something.

my god, was he perfect. he was actually perfect. his floppy brown hair and his black clothes and his crazy blue eyes sent my head spinning.