chapter fourteen: date night.

(an: the song linked above is "i'll run" by the cab. check it out if you'd like.
thanks for keeping up with the story, i really appreciate it.
on to the next chapter!!)

*stephanie's pov*

what devyn said really shook me up, but in a good way. all those things she told me about colby- i guess they were true. devyn has never lied to me.

we had made our way to a mall nearby and went into hot topic. i wanted this cute dress/overall crossover they had in the window. it was red and black plaid and came down mid thigh like a skater skirt.
i checked around for a medium while devyn peeked around, and just as i was about to pull my size off the rack, i heard my text ringtone come from my phone. i grabbed the dress and pulled my phone out from my back pocket, checking to see who was texting me.

IMessage
From Colby

i held my finger to the home button and unlocked my phone, reading his message.

"meet me at the front door of our house at 7:30. dress for a night out- a date night."

i walked over to devyn with my dress in hand.

"looks like i'll be wearing this tonight," i grinned.

"for what?" she cocked her head to the side.

"colby just told me he was taking me somewhere tonight and i have to "dress for a date night out."," i quoted the air with my fingers.

"oh my god, he's taking you on a date! let me do your makeup and your hair and doll you up, oh this is so great-"

"let's just buy the dress first?" i laughed, cutting her off.

we walked over to the register and checked out with a girl who had purple streaks in her hair and 2006 raccoon eye makeup.
i could see why she got the job.

•••

i drove home and devyn practically pulled my arm out of its socket as she darted up the stairs to her room, my wrist in her grasp.

"here, use this black crop top underneath the dress, wear these black pantyhose, and wear your black combat boots," she said as she darted back and forth from my room to hers, shoving things in my arms.

"woah, devyn, chill out a bit. take a breath." i told her, grabbing her shoulders and holding her still. she looked at me and started laughing.

"sorry, i'm just so excited that he's finally taking you on a date," she apologized.

"it's fine, devyn. let me go change and i'll let you do my makeup and stuff," i smiled and went to the bathroom to change into my new dress.

i looked in the mirror, attaching the straps to the buckles on the top of my overall dress thingy and i zipped up my boots. i exited the bathroom and did a twirl for devyn.

"you look great, steph!" she complimented me. "alright, so i was thinking we go for a more natural, lighter look to play down all those darker colors in your outfit?" she said, waving around a tube of mascara.

"do your thing, makeup queen!" i joked, sitting down in her makeup chair.

after a long half an hour, she had managed to put on some new eyeliner, mascara, nude lipstick, a bit of highliter, and curled my hair with her curling iron. she turned me towards the mirror and ran her hands through my curls, de-intensifying them and spraying them with hairspray.