chapter thirty four: good news.

*stephanie's pov*

"so, any trips coming up for you and the guys?" i asked as colby and i walked out of topshop, bags in hand. he brought me to the grove, being the big spender he likes to be.

"actually, yeah. i told you that we were going to japan, didn't i?" he turned to me.

"yeah, you said that you were going with elton, jay, and brennen." i replied, remembering that he was going to be gone for a long time. god, i was gonna miss him.

"no, we are going to japan. you're coming with me." he gestured back and forth from me to him.

"wait, what? how? since when?" i started to freak out a little bit.
okay, a lot.

"well, i know how much you've always wanted to go to japan, so i called in a favor with elton and he snagged you a ticket. i knew i wouldn't be able to last a day without you, let alone being across the world." he smiled.

"this isn't a prank, right? you aren't joking?" i stopped everything to make sure.

"nope. you're flying out to japan with me." he chuckled.

"oh my god, i love you!" i squealed and threw myself at him, his lips meeting mine right as i did.

•••

"DEVYN!" i screamed at the top of my lungs from my room.

i heard light footsteps and then my door flung open.

"WHAT?" she shouted back.

"I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU TODAY AND I NEED MY DAILY FULFILLMENT OF DEVYN!" i replied with yet another scream.

"SHUT UP YOU GUYS, IM TRYING TO DO BUDDY'S BIT!" aaron hollered from his bedroom in that funny, nasally voice he always makes.

"SORRY AARON!" we both screamed back.

"okay, okay, my throat hurts," devyn giggled.

"well, first can i say that i'm sorry i haven't talked to you in a while and i miss you and i'm a bad friend and i apologize for being so shitty?" i blurted out.

"you aren't a bad friend, steph! you've been busy, and i know things have been hard for you lately with what happened with corinna and colby and all the stuff you're dealing with, so i gave you some space. but if you're ready to have me back in your life now, please tell me, because i really miss my best friend," she moved from the doorway to the foot of my bed.

"i missed you more," i jumped off the bed and tackled her with a hug.
it felt good to have her back.

"you'll always be my best friend, okay?" she pulled away from my hug.

"you'll always be mine." i smiled.

"okay, enough with the sentimental stuff. tell me about what's happened while i wasn't around,"

i caught devyn up on my overly dramatic life and then i finally told her about my trip to japan with the boys.

"wait, so you're going to japan? holy crap, that's awesome! you've wanted to go there for so long!" she nearly screamed.

"i know, i'm so excited! colby said that we're leaving in two days, so i have to pack," i replied excitedly.

"oh my god, i'm helping you pack! i'll need to help you cut all your send it merch into crop tops because it's gonna be hot and elton will want you to rep his merch, and you need to look cute, i'll give you makeup and stuff- oh, this is gonna be so much fun!" she laughed.

"okay, well, i'm starving, so how about we order some take out and we can pack later?" i suggested, my procrastination kicking in.

"sounds perfect."