chaper six: baja blast.

*colby's pov*

"so, where do the posters go?" i asked steph as she unboxed her clothes.

"well, i trust your artistic abilities, so wherever you think it'll look best!" she said happily.

"alright, lest go picasso on this bitch," i yelled, drawing a laugh from her.

i hung up all her posters, and asked her what she thought.

"well, i think tyler and josh look good over there, and cas and dean look well placed, so i think you did pretty good, colby," she smiled at me.

"why thank you, your highness," i replied back.

she had put all of her clothes away while i'd gone to town on those posters, so i moved her chair to the corner of the room and asked what was left to do.

"well, i have to put my desk back together, but you don't have to help, you've done a lot for me today, i don't want to hold you back." she tried to convince me.

"no, i'll help. it's no problem, i have no plans." i said, stomach flipping just because she was standing next to me.

"are you sure?"

"why wouldn't i be?" i smiled at her.

she handed me the legs of the desk while i screwed them in, and then we flipped it back on its feet and moved it next to the chair. once i pushed it into place, i turned around to see a happy steph looking around her new room.

"what's got you so happy?" i asked, walking over to her.

"it's just so surreal, being able to live with you guys in this house. it's really nice being surrounded by good people for once." she sighed.

i looked at her as she stared around. she was amazing. i don't know how i let my guard down so fast for her, but if she trusted me, that's all that i care about.

"wanna go downstairs and hang around our friends?"

"yeah, let's go." she smiled that cute little smile at me again, sending my stomach into flips once more.

•••

"finally, the lovebirds emerge," sam said as we went weeks the living room.

"sam, don't be a dick," i glared at him.

"colby, lighten up. he's joking." she grabbed my arm. her voice put me at ease. she gave me a look of reassurance and i nodded.

"so, what are you guys doing today?" she asked everyone as we went to sit down on the big white bean bag in the corner.

"not much, just hanging around," elton joined in.

"i'm starving as hell right now, maybe we can go get some food," corey suggested.

"alright, sounds good. who's going for a food run then?" elton asked.

"i guess i'll go," i spoke up.

"alright, i'll come with you. what do you guys want?" sam said.

"i want taco bell, i don't know about you guys," steph replied.

"SHE'S ONE OF US!" aaron yelled, making everyone laugh.

"alright, taco bell it is." i said, and me and sam got up to leave as i heard steph call out to me again.

"wait, colby!"

"what's up?"

"can you get me a baja blast too?" she giggled. god, she's so cute.

"no problem," i smiled back.

•••

"so, spill." sam said the second we got into my car.

"spill what?" i asked, having a feeling i know what he'll say.

"colby, just admit that you're head over heels for her, dude," he laughed. i knew he would bring her up.

"i'm not head over heels."

"when you look at her you never stop smiling, you fiddle with your fingers which i know is something you do when nervous, and you always pay attention to her. i know you like her dude, just talk to me about it."

"what am i supposed to say?"

"why do you like her?"

"because of everything. she's so sweet, she's fucking beautiful and she makes me laugh and smile and i just want to be around her all the time. she makes me feel happy."

"then go get her, dude!" he pushed me.

"i can't."

"why the hell not?"

"because we just met, and i don't want to screw things up. last night, i stayed up late with her and this morning i helped her through a panic attack. she probably thinks i'm just friendly."

"colby, i can tell you for a fact that she likes you. when you talk her eyes light up, and when you laugh she smiles bigger then i knew was even possible, and not like a friendly smile. she likes you too."

"well, i'm gonna wait it out for a bit. i don't want to ruin things a day after i meet her."

•••

sam and i walked back into the house to find everyone in the sam place we left them.

"taco bell has arrived, my friends!" i exclaimed, and they all yelled back noises of joy.

sam threw the bags on the counter and everyone came over to grab what's theirs.

stephanie hurried over to grab her food, and i stopped her before she could and tapped her on the shoulder.

"your baja blast," i smiled and handed it to her.

"thanks colby, you didn't have to get me this. i'll pay you back," she said with guilt lacing her voice.

"of course i did, you wanted one so i got you one. no biggie. and don't pay me back, it's my treat." i reassured her.

she flashed a huge smile and then did something i didn't expect- she reached up and kissed me on the cheek.

"thanks, colby." she giggled and ran off to devyn. i stood there, unable to move.
she just kissed my cheek, i said in my head as i internally lost my shit.

once she left the kitchen, sam and corey fled to me.

"dude, she just kissed you on the cheek, what did you do?" corey said, practically flipping out.

"i gave her the baja blast she asked for and she just spontaneously kissed me on the cheek," i said, still in awe of what just happened, feeling like i was about to puke butterflies.

"bitches dig taco bell," sam said, making corey and i laugh. they went back to the living room and i followed, looking at a blushing stephanie as i did so.