chapter fifteen: lunch.

*stephanie's pov*

as i laid next to an adorable, sleeping colby, i thought to myself about how i got here.

the only reason i moved in with devyn and her friends was because i missed my best friend, and she gave me an opportunity to see her every day. i was planning on becoming friends with these people, which i did. they're some of the kindest, funniest people i know.
but i wasn't expecting to fall for one of them.

when i first met colby, i didn't like him as much as i do now. sure, his first impression on me was a bit awkward, but i thought it was cute.
but over the past four weeks, i've come to know a guy who is passionate and kind and loving, and a guy who's ready to take on challenges and who'd do anything for his friends.
and now i've agreed to be his girlfriend.
this opens a door to being openly affectionate whenever i please- but i know it will still be terribly awkward, because even after agreeing to date him, i still get butterflies when he looks at me.

i looked over at the brown haired boy next to me and pushed his hair out of his face and kissed his cheek.
then i darted up the stairs because i had to tell devyn what happened.

"devyn, come out, i have neeewwwwssss!" i whined, knocking on her door repeatedly.

"ugh, what?" she said, acting like she was annoyed as she opened her door.

"something really amazing happened."

"you got a dog?"

"i wish, but no."

"you got me a dog?"

"devyn,"

"alright, fine. what happened?"

"colby asked me to be his girlfriend."

she snatched my wrist and pulled me into her room. corey was sitting on the bed on his phone.

"OH MY GOD, HE DID?!" she screamed.

"jesus, devyn, chill out! what happened, steph?" corey asked me, still half-shaken up from that scream as he walked over.

"i just told devyn that colby asked me to be his girlfriend." i smiled widely, and corey lost it too.

"oh my god, finally! i knew he would do it, oh my god-"

"guys, you both need to calm down." i cut him off as devyn jumped around and corey rambled.

"you did say yes, right?" devyn asked, stopping in her tracks.

"of course i did, devyn! you know how i feel
about him, idiot," i laughed, and corey gave me a hug.

"i'm really happy for you, this is awesome. does anyone else know?" he asked me.

"no, it happened like a half and hour ago, but i didn't tell anyone except you guys because i've been sitting downstairs with him the whole time. he's asleep now." i replied.

"i think everyone's expecting it," devyn laughed.

"oh, shut up," i punched her in the arm and kept talking to corey.

"hey, did anyone invite you to come with us to utah in two days?" he said.

"no, i didn't hear anything about that. who's going to utah?" i replied, totally confused.

"well, colby, sam, elton and i, and hopefully you, but i guess no one said anything. you can come if you want. we're gonna film and do all kinds of crazy shit."