Chapter Six

Robert's POV

I walked over to Beau, who was standing at the bar.

"Where's your girl?"

"Just got off work. Should be here in an hour," I ordered a drink and went to go talk with some other teammates before Scarlett arrived. Tonight was kind of like a cocktail hour with season ticket holders and fans. It was actually really fun when I've gone before. But right now, I just wanted to see Scarlett dressed up.

"Hey Rob, come over here," my roommate motioned for me to join him at the bar again. He was with a few girls, "I want you to meet Brianna."

The way she was looking at me made me uncomfortable. She was a very attractive girl, even compared to Scarlett. Prettier, in fact. Looks was the only way she could compare to Scar though. The more this girl talked, the more I missed Scarlett. And as much as I tried to get her to stop, the girl was all over me.

"Uh Beau, care to help me here?" He just laughed and went back to flirting with his blonde. Apparently what his girlfriend didn't know, won't hurt her. From what I remember last time, it drove her all the way to California.

Whatever. Might as well act like I'm enjoying it until Scar gets here.

Scarlett's POV

I walked into place where I was supposed to meet Robert. I looked around for a few minutes before finding him. He was with Beau with some blonde with a too tight dress all over him. He was smiling and had a hand on her back, not trying to get her away from him. After a few moments, Robert saw me standing there, trying not to cry.

"I knew you would be just like the others. I'm so stupid," I said before I turned around to leave. I could hear Robert yelling something at Beau.

It was windy out and I was starting to regret not bringing a jacket and wearing heels. Actually, I was starting to regret letting Robert into my life like that. I mean, they really are the same. I've had friends that were cheated on by hockey players or guys that played hockey at one point. Sure, he didn't cheat yet. But I'm pretty sure it was heading that way.

"Scarlett, wait," he chased after me.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Just listen to me. And take my jacket. You're making me cold just looking at you," he shrugged off his coat and held it out for me. When I wouldn't take it, he put it around my shoulders.

"Well first, you look amazing. Second, I'm sorry. She was all over me and I couldn't get her away. Beau knew you were coming and wouldn't do anything about it."

"I put on heels for you. And a dress! I can't believe it," I was cut off by his lips.

The kiss was desperate, like he needed it to breathe. I tried to stay mad at him. But before I knew it, I was melting into his arms.

"This doesn't make everything okay."

"Scarlett, I love you. I honestly didn't think I would fall this hard for you, but I have. You're smart and funny and brutally honest and you're the only girl that I know that can get away with no makeup and sweats every day. And, and the amount of passion you have for everything you do whether it's dance or school or helping others, is unbelievable. You're such an amazing person. I'm lucky to just have you in my life. Come on, let's go back to my place. I'm guessing Beau won't be back tonight."

"Can we go back to my place?" I pretty much whispered. I didn't feel like talking and I wanted to be back in my own bed.

"Of course. Whatever you want."

He took my hand and led me back to his car. My roommates had were all with their boyfriends for the night, so we would have the house to ourselves.