Chapter Twenty-Five

This is my 'I had a shitty first day of sophomore year and needed to write' chapter. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got home from Vancouver a week and a half before Christmas. I came home, went to my finals, then crashed. I missed a game or two, but Robert understood. He would wake me up to eat once or twice a day, but for the most part he let me sleep. I felt bad when I walked past the guest room and he was sleeping in there alone. I hope he didn't think that I would have yelled at him. We had just spent almost two weeks apart, sleeping with him would have been better than being alone.

Seeing as how this was the first Christmas we would be spending together in our new house, I wanted to decorate. Well, mainly just put up a tree and hang some lights outside. Maybe even a few reindeer on the front lawn. Robert told me that if he had to help decorate, I had to listen to Christmas music.

Now, I loved Christmas every bit as much as the next person, but I hated Christmas music and Christmas stores. Elves kind of scare me too.

It was weird thinking that this would be our second Christmas together.

"You do realize we are spending actual Christmas day in Ontario, right?" He asked as we walked through the aisles of Christmas decorations. I threw a few boxes of lights into the cart and turned to look at ornaments.

"Yeah. Can we have a black and white tree? I think that would look good at our pretty much empty house."

"Sure. Does that mean we're getting an actual white tree?" I tried to figure out what he was thinking, but that didn't work.

"Well do you want one?"

"I don't care." All he seemed to care about at that moment was his phone.

"Of course you don't." I mumbled and grabbed a few rolls of black ribbon. It's not exactly something you would see around christmas time, but I really liked the idea of it. We didn't talk for the rest of the outing. If he didn't care, I didn't either.

He asked if I wanted to set up the tree and I just shrugged, pouring myself a bowl of cereal, "I guess we aren't making dinner." I ignored his comment and walked to the living room, turning on the tv. He started talking to me, but I kept ignoring him.

"Scarlett what the fuck is going on?" He stood in the doorway, yelling. "Stop being a bitch and tell me what I did wrong."

"You don't care about our Christmas, so why should I care about putting it up?" I shrugged again, refusing to look at him.

"Scarlett-"

"No, this is the first Christmas we will be living in this house. Sure, we'll actually be in Thunder Bay but that doesn't mean we won't be here every other day. I'm not saying let's go crazy. I'm saying that I wanted memories. I wanted to do all this up with you, but if you don't care, I won't either."

He pushed off the wall and walked over to me, standing in front of the television. "Scarlett, look at me." I sighed, shoving another spoonful of cheerios into my mouth before looking up at him.

"I don't care what our tree looks like. It can be pink or rainbow for all I care. I want the same things you do. What the finished product looks like, is just a detail." He knelt down in front of me, now eye level. "We'll put up decorations tomorrow. I'm hungry and apparently I have to make dinner for myself today." He smirked and kissed my forehead. Being careful of the cereal in one hand, I grabbed his sweatshirt and pulled him towards me. While we were kissing, he carefully grabbed the bowl from my hand and walked away, eating it.