Chapter Twenty-Two

I never really grew up wanting a tattoo. Yeah, they're pretty cool and some are amazing. It just wasn't my thing, but I had this really good idea. When I was younger, I loved Winnie the Pooh. More than your average child. My dad always told me what Christopher Robin said to Pooh, "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." So when my family was in town, I had my mom bring me a piece of paper that my father had written the quote down on and I'd be getting it tattooed on my shoulder.

"Nervous?" Rob asked as he sat down on the seat next to mine.

"Kind of. Can't be too horrible." I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans before taking off my shirt and jacket to reveal a plain black bandeau.

The artist started and I managed to hold up pretty well. Halfway through the second line, Robert got a call.

"Really? Okay. I'll be right there." He stood up and shoved his phone in his back pocket. "Drew is in labor."

I pursed my lips and raised my brow, "So you're going?"

"Well, yeah. Why?"

"Just thought some moral support would be good."

"Beau-"

"I hope Beau has a place for you to sleep tonight if you're seriously thinking about leaving. Actually, I don't care. Go. I'll find something else to do today." I snapped. Maybe I was overreacting, or maybe I wanted my fiance with me during something like this.

He was torn, I could tell. But finally he came to a decision. "Call me when you're done. I love you."

"Yeah. Love you too assfuck." I mumbled. The tattoo artist started to laugh. "Hilarious, isn't it?"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be laughing."

"It's fine. I just thought that hey, maybe he would stay with me while I'm getting my first tattoo but I guess not. Had to run to be by his best friend's side while his girlfriend has a child. And I don't have a car. That's awesome."

I shot a text to Katie, seeing if maybe she would be able to pick me up from somewhere downtown since by the time she would read it, I would be done here.

"Can you take a picture of it before taping it up?"

"Sure. Going on facebook?" I'm sure that's what most girls do, they can't wait to post it on every social media site they can.

"No, actually I'm going to send it to my dad first."

I put my shirt on him and tipped him well. He had to put up with my complaining so I felt bad. I walked down to a little cafe and ordered something to drink.

>> Done yet?

<< Fuck off.

"Hey girl, where are you? I'm just leaving the office now."

"The little coffee shop down the road from the place you got your tattoos done."

"Sweet. See you in a few."

>> I'm sorry but Beau needed me here.

<< I'm sorry I'm not tall, tan, and blonde with a nice body.

Robert called me right as Katie pulled up outside, "I'm really sorry you have to hear this."

"I'm sure it can't be much worse than Rachel's screaming sessions with Mr. Perfect."

"Scarlett, I'm sorry. Will you please come to the hospital?"

"No. I refuse. I will not be there for any part of that. I'm always coming in second to Beau."