Chapter Seven

I just want to let everyone know that boys are stupid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat upside down on Robert's couch, waiting for him to finish cooking. He was dead set on cooking on the grill, even if it meant that he had to wipe the snow off of it.

"Doesn't that give you a head rush?" He called from the kitchen.

"Kinda. But I'm really fucking bored."

"Good thing the food is done."

I rolled off the couch and staggered into the kitchen. I wasn't quite to my chair, but I tried sitting down anyway. Good thing Robert was there to catch me.

"Yeah no more being upside down."

"Soo Kenzie is flying in from Vancouver and I kinda told her we were dating.. So we're going to dinner with her on Thursday," he looked at me with a confused expression that turned into a happy one.

"So we're dating now?"

It had only been a couple weeks since that one night, but calling him my boyfriend just felt right.

"Unless you have a problem with that."

"No. That's great. You're home during your break, right?"

"Yeah. Wait, I mean no. I have to work, why?"

"Beau is going to be in California all that week and I have a few days off.. We could go somewhere. Or we could stay here. If you want to do anything, that is."

"Yeah. I'd love to spend Christmas with you. I was going to be the only one in the house anyway."

I told him what the plans were for the week and that I'd probably be spending a majority of my time with Kenzie. He didn't seem to mind, which wasn't surprising. Now that season was in full swing, the two of us didn't spend much time together. My roommates were happy that I was spending more time with them. though. They acted like I was never around them. Ever.

"So, you can drop me off at my house and I'll go pick up Kenz or you can bring me to the airport and meet her," I slipped the strap of my bag over my head.

"I'll go with you," he grabbed a jacket and locked the door behind us.

"We have to get starbucks, too."

I looked over at Robert while he was driving. He was wearing a backwards snapback with a curl hanging down in the middle of his forehead. There was a part of me that wanted to tell him I loved him. That I needed him. But once I told him, I was pretty much telling him he can hurt me at any point.

"What are you thinking about?"

"That you're pretty attractive," that wasn't a total lie. That all did come from me admiring his face.

"Well thanks. You're not too bad yourself," he winked as he pulled into the parking spot, "You know where we're going?"

"Baggage claim?"

We wandered down the airport to find the carousel that Kenzie's luggage would be on.

"Scarlett!" I heard my best friend scream from probably sixty yards away. It was one of those classic 'We haven't seen each other in a year so we're gonna scream and run towards each other' type of deals.

"I've missed you so much Kenz."

"I've missed you more!"

"Come on, I want you to meet someone," I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to Robert.