Chapter Thirty

The month before the wedding was hell. Literal hell. We were in Pittsburgh until almost June. That would have been fine, but we had so much to do in Vancouver. I would have asked for help, but I wanted to be there to make sure everything was fine.

"Scar, I can do whatever you need me to. I'll put you on facetime so that you can be there too." Lilly tried calming me down, but it was no use.

"No. I appreciate it, I just need to be there." I started to cry from all the little things that I needed to get done. Robert walked in and saw the state I was in.

He dropped his bag and walked over to me, taking the phone out of my hand, "Lilly, it was a long day for both of us. We're going to have sex now. Okay, bye." He tossed my phone on the couch.

"I'm not in the mood."

"Then we'll take a nap. You just need a break. We'll be in Vancouver tomorrow night, just take a nap with me before I go out." He pulled me up the stairs and threw a pair of shorts at me. Apparently I was going to sleep whether I liked it or not.

I had completely forgotten it was his bachelor party tonight, but I wasn't too worried. He would probably just get really drunk and call me like the last five times he went out with all the guys.

"I love you, now go to sleep." He held me to his chest and slowly fell asleep.

A few hours later I was rudely awakened and I was not happy about it.

"What the fuck was that." I shot up and pushed wet hair out of my face.

"Robert is late." Beau laughed

"You're a prick, Bennett."

"So I've heard." He obviously didn't care about my insults anymore. He has heard them quite a lot.. "Drew wants to know if you want to go to dinner since you'll both be alone tonight."

"Uh, yeah. Maybe after I dry off." I got up and stepped into the closet, stripping off the wet shirt and putting on a dry one.

Across the room, Robert was stepping into a pair of jeans as he talked to some of his teammates. "Can you grab me a shirt?" He asked, walking to the closet.

"Yeah, what do you want?"

"I don't really care."

"Alright." I threw him a plain blue shirt and a quartzip to go over it. "Have fun," I called over my shoulder as he left the room.

I called up Drew, asking her where we should meet for dinner. Knowing her, it would be really good food. She knew the best places to eat.

"So are you excited? What is it? A few weeks?"

"Yeah. It's really exciting, just really stressful. It'll be nice to get to Vancouver so I can start helping with everything." I took another bite of the fajita I had made. This food would never be as good as the stuff you get in Mexico, but it was pretty damn close.

"Are you going to make Borts shave?"

"No. He made that decision on his own. I told him I didn't care because I really don't."

"You are probably the most laid back bride I've met. What's your secret?"

"Ganja." I casually put out there, making her almost spit out her water. "Kidding. Well, kinda."

She shook her head and went back to eating.

"Have you set a date yet?"

"Yeah. We decided on a weekend in January." A winter wedding would be hard. Then again, they wouldn't be able to go on a long honeymoon anyway because of Hudson.