Chapter Thirteen

Taking a break from writing. Could be a few days. Could be a few weeks. Just got a lot of personal things going on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time had been flying by. It felt like one day I was in Toronto for the wedding and the next I was getting ready for spring break back in Vancouver. In two months I was graduating. It's crazy.

This would be the longest time spent at home in a few years. My Christmas's had been spent in Pittsburgh or Toronto and other than a few days at a time, I hadn't been home for summer since before junior year. It was nice, knowing I'd get to sleep in my own bed. The worst part was that I wouldn't be able to see Robert other than at his game.

I had finished packing before Robert called from practice.

"Hey babe," I answered, "Are you still taking me to the airport?"

"Yeah. Of course. Do you want to go to lunch with a few of the guys?"

"Uh.. Sure. I'd love to."

"I'll come pick you up in a few."

I drug my suitcase upstairs and grabbed my jacket from the closet before saying my goodbyes to the girls in the house. I was surprised Rachel was here. She was pretty much all moved out of our place. She still paid rent here so we weren't complaining.

Robert walked in and grabbed my suitcase, "Ready?"

"Yeah of course."

He threw my suitcase in the back of his car and opened the passenger door for me. Something was different about him, but I couldn't tell what it was. Whenever I asked, he said he was fine. I thought it might have been because I wouldn't see him for a while but we've gone longer.

"You didn't tell me there would be other girlfriends here." I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk when I noticed a few of the girlfriends walking in together.

"I didn't think that was a problem." His arm was stretched out towards me, hand still holding mine.

"I just would have tried to look a little nicer." I looked down at the long sleeved shirt and leggings I was wearing. Not to mention the raggity old Canucks hat I had on.. I was going to look so plain next to them.

"You look great. Scarlett, you look great in anything. I still prefer you in just my jersey but that's something that only I get to see. Come on, it'll be fine."

He pulled me forward and guided me to a table with his other teammates. Ever since the Pens and Plates dinner, I felt a little more comfortable around the team. Geno loved whenever I was around. We made fun of some of the guys without them knowing.

It was great.

"You excited to go to Calgary?" Neal asked Robert.

According to my roommate, he was the best sex she's ever had. I didn't need to know that but she talked about it for a good month after they hooked up and now that's all I can think of when he talks.

"No. Just Vancouver."

"Got a side girl there too?" James gave a wicked smile and it was all I could take to not throw my drink at him.

"You're a prick, Neal." I spat. Everyone stared at me. Some of the girlfriends looked at me like I was crazy. He didn't say anything, just laughed. You actually seemed pretty cool at the game when I first met you. Now I really cannot stand you."

Rob didn't say anything, just let me yell.

"Are you really just going to let your girl say shit to me?"