Chapter Eighteen

We wouldn't be in Vancouver very long, not even a week and I left Robert alone with my family on the first night. I felt kind of bad, but I didn't really plan this.

"Are you sure you don't mind? I mean, I will stay with you if you want me to." I spun around in my old desk chair, staring at the ceiling.

"Scar, it's fine. Go have fun with your friends and I'll have some quality bonding time with the future in-laws."

"Yeah. That's exactly what I want you to do. Bond with my father." I heard Kenzie honk outside, "I'll be back later tonight."

He followed me to the front door and kissed me goodbye. I walked out to the suv only to find the only completely sober person in the vehicle was Anna, Kenzie's step-sister.

"You aren't drunk enough!" Amy pushed a bottle in my face.

"I'm not drunk at all. I thought we were having a girls night." I took a pull and gave the bottle back to Amy.

"We are! A drunk one!" Oh good. That's exactly what I wanted.

Kenzie handed me a bottle of my favorite wine and a corkscrew. As much as a drunk girls night sounded, I was going to limit myself to this bottle. I did have to go back to my parent's house tonight.

We all sat in Kenzie's living room with our alcohol of choice. All of our old dance friends were talking about their lives while I was making my way through this bottle of moscato.

"What about you, Scarlett?"

"I got into grad school and uh, am engaged." Whenever people ask me about my life, it's like I forget how to speak.

"Who is it?"

"Where's he from?"

"What does he do?"

"Robert Bortuzzo, he's from Ontario, and he's a hockey player." I finished the drink in my cup before pouring myself another.

"Where at in Ontario?" Michelle asked, I completely forgot she was from that province.

"Thunder Bay."

"Does that make him your thunder bae?" Amy started laughing and soon the rest of the girls were overcome with a case of the giggles.

"Scarlett never used to like sex until she met Robert." Kenzie blatantly told the room. They all stopped to stare at me, wondering why that was.

"It was mediocre at best before him," I mumbled, "Now it's-"

"Mind blowing?"

"I was going for meaningful, but hey. That works too." I was reminded why I never get drunk with large groups of females. This wasn't how I wanted to spend my night at all.

"No but really. How is the sex with a professional athlete?" Amy asked. All I could think was why. Why me? Why does everyone care about my life now that I'm engaged to someone who is somewhat famous.

"Can we not talk about my sex life? That would be awesome."

"You're boring." I had never liked talking to Amy, mainly because of her voice. It was high pitched and obnoxious. She was the stereotypical blonde dancer. Stick thin and had all the guys chasing after her. What I would give to look like that.

"You annoying." I snapped.

Since everyone was drunk by 8, it meant most girls were going home by 11. I nominated myself to get dropped off first. I needed to get away from these girls. You would think that being drunk with Beau several times would make girls seem a little less annoying, but they all kind of act the same after so many drinks.