Chapter Fourteen

I know I was going to take a break but I realized what chapter this was and I had to post it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April meant two things. Finals and playoffs were right around the corner. Luckily, I had two weeks longer to prepare for my tests than Robert did to prepare for his game. Well, I guess it means three things. Robert would be moving into our house and Drew was moving back to Pittsburgh.

The first couple of weeks were pretty boring, I was starting with the papers and Robert was too stressed to do anything besides sleep and eat. He decided not to furnish the house until after graduation so our house was a little pathetic looking. There were a few boxes here and there, the only things that were unpacked were dishes and clothes.

As playoffs got closer and closer, I spent less and less time with Robert. We had the occasional meal together. Sometimes watched a movie at my place before we both passed out and I woke up alone. It was hard, but I was able to be productive which was nice. Drew, however, wasn't handling it very well.

I tried to be nice, I really did. But I was under as much more stress than she was. Beau was almost always with her but her hormones were absolutely crazy. Finally I snapped, in front of our boyfriends.

"Drew. Shut up. I am so sick of your complaining. You are so annoying, oh my goodness. It's seriously like you never get to see your boyfriend or you have finals to study for. Oh wait, that's me. Stop stressing out about nothing. It's not good for the baby. And I hate to break it to you, but that baby is the most important thing in this room right now. So just do us all a favor and quit." The three people sitting at Beau's kitchen table were staring at me. "Wow. Make me feel like the bad person here."

"You just yelled at a pregnant girl. You're kind of a bitch." Drew finally let out.

"Did you just swear?" I leaned over to check her forehead for a fever.

"Quit that." She was starting to pout and I tried to hide my smile.

"That is literally the first time I've heard you swear. Are you okay?"

"Piss off, Scar."

I started laughing. I honestly thought she was going to cry at first, but I was wrong.

"I gotta go. Research papers aren't going to write themselves."

The only problem I had with this was the fact that while I had to watch my boyfriend on a screen, if he actually got to play, all the other girlfriends were in the wives suite. It wasn't fair.

I was rewatching the seasons of Grey's Anatomy and reviewing some notes when Robert walked in.

"Get up. I have to be at the arena in 40 minutes and you have a ticket to the game." He turned off the tv. "I'm actually playing."

"But I'm not-"

"You're fine. Throw on a jacket and let's go." He grabbed me the Penguins zip up and threw it to me. I closed my computer and stacked the notebooks on top of it. After slipping on a pair of tall boots, we were out the door.

Robert was nervous, I could tell. He didn't talk, barely looked at me. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. I walked into the arena just a few steps behind him. He stopped by the doors to the locker room, staying silent. I kissed his cheek and wished him good luck.

After getting food and something to drink, I sat down in my seat. I was a few rows above the glass behind Fleury. My glasses kept falling down the bridge of my nose and I was reminded why I never wore them.