Chapter Twenty-Four

Okay so I'm sorry to say that updates are going to slow down. A lot. I start school again on Tuesday so I'm going to try my hardest to write as much as I can before next week when stuff is starting to be due.

I'll even give up my reading time to write for you guys. That's how much I love y'all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert's POV

Scarlett walked in the house, bundled up with rosy red cheeks. She was with a few friends last night and stayed at Katie and Taylor's place. I didn't really expect her home before noon. She was holding her jacket closed, talking to herself. "Hey babe." She smiled, "I have to pee."

She ran upstairs towards to the bedroom and I heard a thump. I got off the couch and started walking to see what was going on.

"Hey. Get back here!" She yelled.

I got to the top and saw a puppy bounding towards me and Scar crawling after it. I leaned down to pet the animal that was licking at my hands before running back to her.

"You're so cute. Yes you are. Yes. You and your sharp little puppy teef."

"You got a puppy." I stated.

"His name is Stanley." She beamed, letting the dog lick her face. He was cute, I have to admit.

"Scarlett, I just don't think a puppy is a good idea. You have class and I'm gone for sometimes a week." I opened my mouth to say something more, but she looked so damn happy with him.

"So can we keep him?" She asked a few minutes later.

"Yeah. We can keep him." Her face lit up as she leaned over to kiss me. Then, for the next few hours she paid more attention to the dog than to me.

I might be jealous of the puppy.

I thought she would eventually get hungry, but no. She played with that puppy for hours. I watched as long as I could, but my stomach started to make noises.

"Alright, I'm going to Panera." I got up and grabbed a jacket from our closet. It was mostly her closet, to be honest. It's pretty much either sweaters or formal dresses. She also started stashing some of my old jerseys and sweatshirts behind her clothes. It's fine until I'm looking for something and she's wearing it.

Probably looks better on her anyway.

"Bring me back soup and pasta."

"No." I started down the steps. I could feel her stare at me, unimpressed with my answer.

"Please." Scar drug out the word like a little kid would.

"Come with me." I yelled, almost down to the living room.

"But Stanley."

"Take him outside and then leave him in the bathroom. We won't be long."

We sat at a table in the corner, where we usually do. Lately we haven't been going out to eat very often. Depending on the day, I would make dinner before she got home or she would do the same.

"So what breed is he?"

"Bernese mountain dog. He was the runt that no one wanted, so I took him. They said he wasn't expected to make it past six weeks, now they're giving him eight."

"What?"

"There's some problems with him, if I didn't take him they might have put him down." I sighed, it's really not surprising. She wanted to help everyone and hated when she couldn't.