Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Scarlett, Scarlett get your phone." Robert mumbled as he rolled over. Both of us were excited that we could sleep in and we were taking full advantage of this rare day.

"That's not my phone. Let me sleep."

"That's not my ringtone. Answer it." He was now shaking me, trying to get me to pick up the ringing phone.

"Fine. I'll get it." He reached over the top of me, laying on my midsection and making it hard to breath.

"Damnit Robert."

"Scarlett's phone. Oh yeah. She's right here. It's Megan." He handed me the phone and rolled off me, snuggling into my side.

"Hey what's up?" I started running my open hand through my fiancé's hair. He's going to be out in five minutes, tops.

"I'm keeping the baby."

"Oh that's great." I was surprised it had only taken her a few days to decide. I was almost sure it would have taken her over a week.

"I just- can you go to the appointment with me? Jay planned on it but something came up. If-if you can't I'll call Drew." She was tripping over words from being so nervous. I would most likely be the same way.

"Yeah, yeah of course. When is it?"

"Today at 11:30."

"Oh-"

"If you can't make it, that's fine." She interrupted me.

"No I can. I'll bump back plans with Robert and I'll pick you up." Robert groaned in protest, but I think Megan needed support more than he needed lunch right at 11:30. "Are you at Jay's?"

"Yeah. I am."

"Okay I'll be there around 11." That still gave me at least two more hours to sleep.

"Thank you so much Scarlett."

"Yeah, you're welcome. Try to sleep a little before the appointment."

"Okay I will."

I ended the call, putting my phone on the night stand.

"There's going to be a baby Megna isn't there?" Rob murmured into my chest.

"Yep."

"Good. That'll keep us busy until you want to have kids."

"I feel old-ish." I wasn't really sure why. Of all the people I hang out with, I was one of the younger ones.

"You're two years younger than me. I feel old."

"I mean, everyone is having kids or getting drunk. I'm sleeping in and planning a wedding. "

"We always get drunk." It's true. Some nights we had cuddling sessions on the floor, other nights we definitely got drunk and danced around the house.

"Throw a party." That actually wasn't a bad idea. I mean, it was a Friday. The Pens didn't have a game until Sunday. It was perfect.

"Send a text to everyone. We're going shopping after lunch."

"Yeah, sure." He rolled over, attempting to go back to sleep.

When I picked up Megan, she looked terrified. As she put her seat belt on, I could tell her hands were shaking.

"Everything is going to be fine." I reassured her, pulling out of my parking space.

"He- he's talking about getting a house. An- and getting engaged. It's all just happening so fast. I don't know what to do."