Chapter Twenty-Six

No but like the kids across the street from me were playing hockey in the driveway and it was probably the cutest thing okay.

And Patricia sent me pictures of Borts and a child and hair stuff. AKA life ruining pictures. Thanks man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living in a suburb was good and bad all at once. It was convenient because I wasn't too far from school but we did have neighbors. I don't mind having them, but I grew up where I had to ride a bike down the road a little to get to the next house so it was a new experience for me. Kind of.

For it being a night in early March, it wasn't that cold out. It was actually really nice so we decided to sit out on the porch swing with some hot chocolate. We were cuddled up for a while before a few of the neighborhood kids started playing in one of the driveways.

"You know what would be fun?" I asked him.

"Going inside and being warm?"

"Actually, I was thinking you could probably make those kids' day if you went down and played with them." Without saying anything, he got up to go inside and grab some of his gear. He tossed my gloves and a stick at me before heading down the steps and walking over to the kids. They couldn't have been older than nine or ten, but their faces lit up as soon as they saw us coming.

"So you know Malkin?" One of the little boys asked. Robert just nodded his head. "He's your friend?"

"Yeah," he laughed, "But I think he likes my wife more than me."

"Fiancée." I corrected him, "It's completely true though.

"Yeah same thing."

We stood there, talking to the kids until their parents made them go inside.

"I'm freezing," Robert complained as soon as we got inside.

"Poor thing." He wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me as tight as he could. "Stop stealing my body heat, asshole."

"But I'm cold."

"Take a hot shower."

"Okay." He picked me up and brought me to the bathroom with him.

"I didn't mean with me. I'm tired and want to go to bed."

"Well we could go to bed.." He started playing with my sweatshirt.

"I guess I do need to shower.." He turned on the water as I started to shed my clothes.

After we had our mostly innocent shower, we curled up on the couch to watch a movie. Or two. Hockey season sucked, but it made me appreciate these little moments so much more. Time had been flying by lately and I wanted it to slow down. Even if that meant our wedding wouldn't be here as soon as it feels like it should be.

"How's Kenzie doing?"

"I think she's good. I don't talk to her much. I talk to Tyler quite a bit though. He said she's doing better, though."

"I'm surprised she doesn't want to talk to you."

"Yeah, well, I don't exactly want to talk to someone that's going to call me fat. Even if it's Ana talking and not Kenzie." This was really a touchy subject. I hadn't quite gotten over what she had said. I couldn't tell you why. Maybe it was because I never expected something like that to come out of my best friends mouth.

"You're not fat. Even if you think you are, you aren't. You're perfect."

"Let me guess. You're all about that bass, no treble?"