The Good Samaritan

"It's my sister's number. I always use her as my emergency contact," Kate says into her phone while I clean out Gibbs mail box on his computer and Tony just listens in, "No, she lives in Miami. What difference does it make if she's local or not? Well, no. of course... I could... I could get the number of somebody in town. It's just that... I'll have to call them first to make sure it's all right. Fine, I'll call you back."

"I'll be your emergency contact," Tony informs Kate when she hangs up the phone.

"Thanks, I'll get somebody else."

"What's wrong with me?"

"Where do I start?"

"They never call. They just need a number," Tony says while throwing a scrunched up paper into the bin over his should without look.

"How do you do that?"

"First team varsity, Ohio State. So what do you say?"

"Fine. Just don't make a big deal out of it."

"Great! So what are my responsibilities? Are there any financial ramifications? Do I need to give blood if you get hurt?"

"See? This is what I was taking about making a big deal out of it."

"Maybe I should go by your house and check out the floor plan," Tony rambles over Kate.

"Oh, forget it! Forget it, okay? I'll just um," Kate tells him while closing her draw, "I'll ask Abby."

"Suit yourself."

"Whoa! Are you guys Libras?" Abby asks while holding a newspaper.

"No," Kate and Tony answer together in confusion.

"I don't know," I inform Abby when she just keeps staring at me.

"They are so screwed this week!" Abby exclaims before walking way.

"Why don't you ask Gibbs?" I question Kate while moving back in the chair to look at her over the computer.

"Maybe I will," Kate say as Gibbs walks towards us and she quietly asks us, "Why is he carrying two cups of coffee today?"

"I don't know, and I don't want to know. But it probably has something to do with one of his ex-wives," Tony answers her while moving back to his own desk.

"Gibbs," Gibbs answers his phone while putting both coffees on the desk and taking notes while listening, "Have a possible execution-style murder of a Navy Lieutenant Commander in Grayson County. Let's call Ducky."

"You know I have call waiting. For emergencies. I don't think Gibbs even knows what call waiting is," Tony inform Kate while grabbing his gear and walking to the elevator.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Gibbs, NCIS" Gibbs says when we get to the crime scene and see the local sheriff there.

"Hello Gibbs, NCIS. You got a first name?" Sheriff Dupray asks Gibbs while checking him out.

"Jethro," Gibbs answers.

"Your parents had a sense of humour. Who's the rest of your posse?"

"Special Agent Todd, DiNozzo. Our M.E. Doctor Mallard. Alice."

"What can I do for you?"

"I understand a naval officer was killed here last night."

"That's right."