The Truth Is Out There

"Kate, I've been meaning to ask you something for a while," Tony says to Kate when we get to the crime scene which happen to be in a warehouse.

"What's that?" Kate snaps at him.

"What do you do with your leftover cereal when there's not enough to eat but there's too much to throw away? Because I was having Captain Crunch this morning and I was..."

"Tony no-one gives a fuck what you do with it okay?" I exclaim to Tony while cutting him off.

"Well, I was just trying to take your mind off him."

"Who?" Kate questions Tony.

"The one that got away."

"Tony, I'm not thinking about that damn terrorist."

"Sorry.

"Look at Gibbs. He's been growling like a wounded bear since that night," Kate said making us all look over to Gibbs.

"Well, he is wounded," I reminded her.

"And he always growls like a bear. It's his way of never letting anyone know when he's hurting. Yours is being moody," Tony finishes what I was not going to say.

"I'm not moody!" Kate exclaims.

"You're always moody," I correct her.

"Oh, what do you call it? I feel sorry for whatever his name is," Tony continues while we walk into the warehouse.

"Sorry?" Kate asks him in confusion.

"Yeah. I wouldn't want Gibbs on my ass."

"He always his, so what's it matter?" I state making Tony pull a face at me.

"We're never going to see that guy again," Kate informs him.

"Maybe not. Gibbs will," Tony say right before we catch up to Gibbs at the stairwell.

"Identification?" a cop asks us.

"Gibbs. N-C-I-S," Gibbs states while showing him, his badge.

"Right through here, sir."

"Kate, have you ever been in a men's room before?" Tony questions Kate when he realises I am in no mood for him.

"No. have you?" Kate asks Tony making him laugh at her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Where've you been, Jethro?" Ducky questions Gibbs when we get into the bathroom.

"Someone knew a short cut, Duck," Gibbs explains to Ducky while looking over the poor victim.

"G.W. Parkway was like a parking lot this morning," Tony complains.

"I came on the G.W. Parkway after stopping at the hospital to visit with Gerald," Ducky explains to us.

"How is he?" Gibbs and I ask him.

"He's going to be in rehab for months. I want that terrorist on my table, Jethro."

"Kate should have stabbed him when she had the chance," I add onto the end of what Ducky said making Kate give me a look but I don't care.

"Kate?" Gibbs stated."

"Photos," Kate says and gets the taking the photos.

"Tony?"

"Laser sketch," Tony answers him.

"Talk to me about this case, Ducky."

"Oh, it's an odd one. Yes, our young friend here expired at approximately one a.m.," Ducky informs us.