Chapter 22

"Sometimes the best thing in store wrapped in the worst package."
-----------------------------------------------------------
It was a very beautiful morning in the faculty garden, i want to absorb it's freshness to it's fullness. I have to make it clear. And more over, i wanted to help him. Despite what i've been thru, despite of who i am now, how dirty i become, if i can help, i would help.

"How are you Noh?" P'Kit tap my shoulder.

"I'm fine, P'Kit. Or do you prefer me calling you P'George?" He looked so shocked. For a moment i can see how pale he is without the sun shining upon him.

"He still loves you P'. Yes, i know about you. Phun, my fiance, is his son. Your lover's son. Do you want to see them?"

I show him the picture of Phun's family, and it made him broke to tears. His body shook and his legs bertraying him, he sat on the bench weakly.

"How is he? It's been a long time it seems..but i..for me, time has stop the day he left me.." There were no tears, just a hollowness in his eyes.

Then his story goes.

Phan, Phun's pa, and George met in the 10th grade of high school, George was transferred from Germany because he was orphaned due to airplane crash and sent back to his grand ma in Thailand.

It was like they were destined to each other, so compatible to one another. And one day Phan declared his feeling towards George, and George answer him with the same affection. It was a beautiful moments, they promised to each other forever. George show me the simple ring made by carved wood, and inside it was written : 'Phan's, forever'.

Then one day Phan's parents found out about their relationship, just when they graduated from high school. They went ballistic over it, and despite every effort their made to convince Phan's parents, they never agrees. And the peak of it was when Phan's parent threarened to expel George from the faculty, Phan just can't take it. He decided to accept their prepotition to have a study abroad. He promised George that he'll be back, he asked George to wait for him in this garden. So everyday from that moment they got separated, George would wait for him every morning until the class started, and would wait again after the class finished. It goes on and on, until his body waned from exhaustion. There was never any news either from Phan, and it weakened his heart. His last conscious mind still remembers how he struggled to stand up in the scorching sun, having nothing to eat for breakfast, crying for his lost love.

Then the next thing he know, he can no longer feel pain, no longer feel exhausted, no longer feel the heat nor cold, there was just the longing and loneliness. Until he finds me. How bright i was, how warm i was, how much i resembled him in the past. He wanted me to be happy just like he was with Phan, as he remembered that day. He wanted me to feel alive despite my longing for Phun. He was like a long lost brother that i never had.

It was a very sad yet very beautiful story. I was afraid of a ghost, but to me he was never died. He's with me, i can touch him, how can he be dead? A person as beautiful as he is doesn't deserve a tragic end, he deserve love, a lot of them.

"If i bring him here, what do you want to say, P'?"

His eyes starry, he looked at me with a big smile on his face. "Can you? Oh i forget, you're his son in law.." He giggled.

"He's a granddad now, Phun and i had a twin sons."

He laughed and laughed, showing his perfect teeth. "I want to meet them someday."

"No please. I don't want to scare them with a ghost."

He laugh again, heartily.
.
.
.
My next project was to bring Phun's Pa to this garden. If i tell him about my meeting with George he would scold me or maybe doesn't let me near my boys anymore. He would think i'm insane. So how to get him here? a man as busy as he is can't be bothered to go to this place. And George can't go from this place too, adding my headache.