Imagine #6: Sweetheart

The term 'sweetheart' was so much more than just a word to Sam and Dean Winchester. It was a word they often used when speaking to or about their little sister, Y/n. To others, it was a cute nickname, two syllables and nothing more.

     But to Sam and Dean, it meant love. It meant happiness. It meant the one girl that Dean would never use, the one drug Sam would forever be addicted to. You were their only light in the darkness of the hunters' world. You were their sweetheart.

     Dean would call you sweetheart when you were feeling down. Sam would say it when you were injured. They said it because it was more than just a term. It was a second name completely.

     There was never a better word to describe you. You were the kindest little girl Sam and Dean had ever known, even if raised by a revenge-crazy father and an old drunk. You could easily make both brothers smile anytime you wished, and were always there for them when they needed it, even before you learned about what their jobs were. You helped them remember that there was still good in the world. You were their little angel.

     There was nobody in the world that either brother loved more than you. The demons of the world found it entertaining to make a joke about the Winchesters always sacrificing themselves for each other, but this couldn't be more true anytime you were in danger.

     Anytime your life was threatened, Dean's heart would freeze in place. Sam's limbs would move before he realized they were, Dean's eyes would glisten and blaze with fear and anger, Sam's thoughts would blur. A red-hot haze would cloud both boys' vision and they would have no purpose in the moment other than to eliminate whatever posed a threat to you.

     But when you were okay, these feelings were still portrayed, however differently.

     Dean's heart would skip a beat when he saw you, Sam's eyes would light up. Both boys would smile and kiss you and that would be enough.

     Because you were enough.

     And they loved you.

     Because you were their sweetheart.