Imagine #103: Hallucinations

Imagine: During the Hallucifer period, Lucifer is angry that his own image doesn't scare Sam anymore, so he began making Sam see you being hurt.

Age: 16

This is kinda based on an idea I saw on a different book but 🤷‍♀️.

                                  _*_

     "Good morning, Sam. How's your bunk buddy?" You asked as Sam entered the room, your heart lifting a bit to see that the giant bags under his eyes and the tiredness in his step was ever-so slowly beginning to fade the longer Lucifer plagued him, and he seemed happier, more able to distinguish what was real and what wasn't. In your hands was a plate of pancakes that you plopped in front of Dean.

     "He's sitting right beside you," Sam addressed Dean, sitting at the table, casually, but he didn't look at Lucifer, even when the archangel gave an angry, whiny groan, "complaining cause I won't pay attention to him."

     You managed to chuckle as Sam sat down across the table from Dean and you went to sit beside Dean, but Dean was quick to pull you into his lap instead. You rolled your eyes, throwing your legs over the side of the chair and stuffing a piece of pancake in your mouth, giving another piece to Dean. "So, it's been okay?"

     Sam took a pancake, shrugging. "I suppose. It's certainly been better than it used to be. He doesn't really bother me anymore."

     "Are you kidding me?" Lucifer exclaimed angrily, jabbing an accusing finger at Sam, but he refused to look at him, "Sam! Saaaaaammm, pay attention to me! Let me in your head."

     Dean stuffed a piece of pancake in his mouth and wrapped an arm around his sister. "So, I was scrolling through the Internet, and I found something in Arkansas that might be a job for us--"

     "Sam!" Lucifer waved his hand in front of the large man's face, furrowing his brows when Sam didn't acknowledge him. He sat back down in his seat, crossing his arms with a grumble. "Guess I'll have to resort to dirtier methods."

     Later that day, you were watching a dumb Netflix movie in your bed when Sam came in, a small smile on his face as he gave a wave. "Watcha doin', kiddo?"

     You closed your laptop and sat up straighter in the bed. "I was watching some stupid movie, why?"

     "I was gonna ask if you wanted to go to a diner with me and Dean for lunch. We've been cooped up in this bunker for days--" Sam suddenly trailed off, a look of pure horror crossing his face as he stared at you, mouth slowly falling open in shock.

     You raised an eyebrow, staring at him questioningly. "Sam?"

     "Dean!" Sam yelled his brother's name as he rushed forward, yanking you from beneath the covers. Footsteps started up down the hall immediately as Sam went on, "Y/n's been stabbed!"

     "What?" You murmured, bewildered as you looked down to where Sam was pressing his hands to your stomach, as though he was trying to stop blood flow that wasn't there.

     Dean busted through the door, armed with his gun as he skidded to a stop, confused at the lack of injury on your person. "What are you doing?"

     Sam glanced at him, eyes wide. "What do you mean? Y/n's bleeding everywhere! Help me!"

     "Dude," Dean remained calm as he uncocked his gun, staring into Sam's fearful eyes, watching them drip tears. "She's fine. There's nothing there."

     "What?" Sam whipped his head to look at your stomach again, his heart dropping when he saw that it was clean as ever. You put your hand on his cheek and pulled his gaze up to meet yours.

     "Lucy did this," You murmured, "I'm okay."

     His face contorted into a sob and he fell into your chest, wrapping you up so tight you could hardly breathe as you returned the hug, his shoulders shaking as you carded your fingers through the hair on the back of his head gently, shushing him. "Sammy, I'm okay. It's okay, I'm okay."

     You looked up at Dean and saw that the worry you felt was mirrored in his gaze. Something about the look in his eyes though, it simply made you clutch Sam tighter, nuzzling your nose in his shoulder and closing your eyes.

                                _*_

     An hour later and you desperately needed to move, your muscles tense, your stomach growling, and your bladder pounding at your stomach, demanding to be emptied.

     But you couldn't move. Sam had laid down on his side, wrapping you up as tight and as close as he could get you, your face in his toned chest as he pressed his nose into your hair, and every few minutes he would kiss your forehead, as if he were making sure you were still there as his eyes stared at his wall.

     "Sam, darling, I need to get up." You murmured softly, looking up at Sam's face.

     He simply closed his eyes, shaking his head slightly and clutching you impossibly close. "No. He can't make me see things if I have you."

     You sighed, calling Dean's name and waiting until the oldest Winchester had padded into the room. "Dean, I really need to pee. Please help me."

     Dean pursed his lips, sitting beside you on the bed and patting his brother's shoulder tentatively, not wanting to startle him. "Dude, she's okay. She's fine, Sammy. She'll come right back, you've got to let her get up."

     "I can't." Sam's voice was so broken and fearful that you felt you could cry, "He's gonna hurt her again."

     "Sam, it's no different than when you ignore Lucifer, you've got to ignore what he does to me," You said, using your middle finger to brush a lock of hair from his eyes, "You know it's not real."

     "It looks real," He whimpered, reaching up to grab your hand, "It feels real."

     "Sam," You breathed, running the pad of your thumb over the top of his cheek bone, "Let me up. I'll come back, I promise."

     He stared at you a moment before reluctantly releasing you, allowing you to wriggle from his grasp with the help of Dean pulling you upright.

     And from then on he was clingy, always wanting to be near you and always wanting to make sure you were okay. He made you sleep with him for the first few nights until he convinced himself you could sleep in your bed and still be there when he woke up every morning. You didn't mind that he was always with you, but it broke your heart to see how afraid he was.

     Lucy tortured Sam by torturing you, and every time Sam would gasp and look at you, every time his eyes reflected pools of blood and broken bones and he watched you die before him, he would wrap you up in his arms the moment the hallucination was over and wouldn't release you for hours, crying into your chest.

     But time went on, and with it he grew, until Lucifer would send a knife through your stomach or a bullet through your forehead and Sam wouldn't scream, or cry. He'd simply ask you to spend time with him, or sometimes he wouldn't even speak, just pull you into his lap and start playing with your hair or listen to you tell stories because it calmed him down.

     And soon enough, seeing you bloody didn't faze him, unless he knew it was real.