Imagine #85: Come Back for Me

Imagine: You are injured on a hunt and the brothers must decide whether to leave or take you.

Age: 16

This is basically one of the episodes that happened, I can't remember which right now. The roles are just switched around.

---------------------------------------------

     There was a moment after I'd been shot, a brief moment of peace before I felt any pain. And in that moment I saw Sam, saw the terror in his eyes and the rage lighting his cheeks before I even knew something had happened.

     And I fell. It seemed so slow, so surreal, as my legs caved and I drifted dreamily to the floor. It wasn't long after that that the monster who'd shot me followed, but his body was disregarded as Dean dropped his own gun and raced to me, kneeling beside me and pulling my shirt up to reveal the entry hole in my abdomen, the blood that poured from it like a faucet.

     "Alright, you're gonna be just fine, sweetheart," He spoke immediately, his actions all but routine to him, "Now this is gonna hurt just a bit."

     He grabbed the tweezers from his kit that Sam had yanked from the duffel bag and given to him, and with a quiet apology he dipped the tool into the bullet wound, grimacing as I gave a loud, pained yell, and fished the bullet out.

     He wrapped my torso, but my chest still bled and my legs were weak. Sam couldn't carry me, one of his arms was already rendered useless by a shoulder out of its socket and a sprained elbow, and the only other people in the room besides Dean were Mandy and Christopher, two civilians we'd saved. Mandy was hurt too, most of her blood had been drained and she needed Christopher to help her walk.

     That left Dean.

     And he didn't hesitate. He hauled me up into his arms as Sam grabbed the duffel bag and we made for safety.

     Walking through the woods, Dean leading with me tight in his arms and Sam at the rear, I could tell we were moving too slow. There were more monsters and it wouldn't be long before they caught up with us. Dean was slow, he was already tired and my weight on him didn't help. Mandy was slow, half her blood was missing.

     And so we stopped once again. Found another shack and hurried inside. Dean set me on the ground gently and helped Sam return his shoulder to its socket, leaving me alone for a minute as the two brothers went outside to build a stretcher.

     And in the time when I was alone, I began to feel dizzy. Feel tired. I laid back on the cold wooden floor and my head thumped to the ground as I took a few deep breaths. I lifted my arm in front of my face, a harrowingly difficult task, and took in the sight of my fingers, shaking wildly and duplicating before my eyes. My hands and arms were pale, and when I craned my neck to look beneath my shirt, I saw that my once white bandages were stained a deep red. The river of crimson hasn't stopped.

     My head fell back and I closed my eyes, not knowing that Christopher had come to kneel by my side until he spoke.

     "I'm sorry about this," My eyes opened and I found him uncomfortably close to me, and I raised an eyebrow questioningly, my chest getting harder and harder to raise as my breath continued to get shallower, "but those brothers won't leave you, not while you're still alive, and I'm not letting my wife get taken by those beasts again."

     "What?" I rasped, right before I realized what he meant. My eyes widened and I tried to raise my arms in defense, but my strength was all but gone. His hands encased my neck and squeezed, an apologetic, guilty grimace on his dirt-ridden face as he blocked my airway. I gagged, struggling to inhale with a few gasping wheezes. My arm came up, hit his a few times and pulled vainly at his hand, but I had nothing left in me.

     White spots decorated my blurred vision as my arm dropped and my head slumped to the side, and soon the only thing I knew was darkness. He released me and I barely heard him beginning to call for Sam and Dean frantically before consciousness left me and my breath came to a stop.

---------------------------------------------

     "Dean! Sam!" Both brothers spun around like lightning as Christopher bursted through the front door, thinking that the monsters had reached them with sinking hearts, but when he continued to speak, their anxious hearts seemed to stop altogether.

     "Y/n's not breathing!"

And neither male had looked more afraid in his life. They dropped their sticks and raced inside, Christopher following much slower, a harrowed look in his face.

Sam slid to his knees beside her, Dean on his other side, and after placing his hand to her open mouth and feeling no wisp of breath, touching two fingers to her neck and feeling no pulse, his heartbeat sped up in fear as he began pumping her chest, trying to restart hers.

"Y/n?" Dean mumbled beside Sam, tears cutting trails in the dirt on his cheeks as Sam pressed his mouth to hers and breathed, his chest rising only to fall once more when he let go and began pushing her chest again, "Y/n, wake up!"

"Sam, Dean, it's no use," Sam's hands slowly dropped to his sides as Christopher spoke behind him, tears of their own lighting his cheeks as he gritted his teeth, looking away from her pale body, "she's gone."

"No," Dean said, the crack in his voice breaking the guilty man's heart, "No, there has to be something we can do."

"Dean," Sam spoke this time, his voice quiet and dejected, "She's gone."

Dean squeezed his eyes shut, lowering his head until his forehead was resting on her chest, taking a few shaky breaths in.

"No," He whispered brokenly, "No."

"Christopher's right, Dean," Sam's voice cracked as he wiped as his face vainly, "We have to go."

Dean lifted his head and pushed a lock of hair out of her face with a gentle movement, holding her cheek.

"We'll come back for you," He murmured, "I swear we will come back for you."

He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead before standing, Sam repeating his actions before following him. Dean cocked his gun, a rage flaming in his eyes like hellfire as he pushed the door open.

"Lets go."

Part 2 soon muahahaa