Imagine #38: First Convention

Imagine: You are almost four, and Jensen and Jared decide you're old enough for your first panel at a convention.

Age: 3-4

"Hey, can we have everybody's attention please?" Jensen said into his mic, waving his hands to get the crowd's attention. They settled down, falling quiet, and Jensen continued.

"So, we have a little surprise for you guys. Jared and I, we've decided that it's about time we brought a certain somebody out on stage for her first panel," Almost immediately there were screams echoing throughout the crowd, and Jensen and Jared nodded in approval, "Yeah, that's right, Y/n's coming out on stage for the first time today."

Cheers erupted from the crowd, and the two men let them shriek and squeal a few moments before Jared held out his hands.

"Alright, but we need a favor from you guys," He said, and immediately the crowd went silent, "Y/n, bless her heart, she hates loud noises, that's why she hasn't been on a panel before now, so when she comes out, if you guys could keep your cheers and all to a minimum. We all love the girl, but we don't want to scare her, alright?" The crowd gave their yes' and their head nods, and Jared gave a thumbs up, "Great. Alright Clif, send her out here!"

There was a moment's wait as Jensen and Jared turned to the stairs in the back of the stage, watching as Clif lifted your unwilling self onto the stage, pointing toward J2. You pressed yourself to Clif apprehensively, but then you saw your boys.

"Hey baby girl, come here." Jared said, waving his hand forward while a few crowd members let out involuntary 'awws'.

You gave a frightened squeal and ran forward, straight into Jensen's arms. He scooped you up while you hid your face in his shoulder, turning toward the crowd.

"Guys, say hello to Y/n. Y/n, can you say hi?" Jensen spoke into his mic before putting it close to your face, "Can you say hi?"

"Hi." You mumbled after a while, your voice very high in pitch compared to J2's. The crowd was unable to contain themselves then as they cooed at you and your shy little self.

"Look, baby, it's okay." Jensen pointed out to the crowd, and a few of the audience members cropped half-hearted waves in your direction, "They're just people."

You slowly lifted your face out of the safety of Jensen's neck while Jared scratched your back comfortingly, looking out at all of the people that seemed so little from on the stage.

You giggled and waved, and Jensen and Jared gave a couple of big, lovestruck smiles.

Eventually you were brave enough to want Jensen to put you down, but you weren't quite brave enough to be alone, so you grasped Jensen's fingers and pulled him along as you wandered the stage, poking at speakers and stands.

"You two really love that girl, don't you?" Someone screamed from the audience as they watched Jensen and Jared look at you with the warmest of faces, the most loving of smiles.

"Oh yeah," Jared confirmed, "That girl has Jay and I both wrapped around her finger, for sure. There's no hope for us." There were a million 'awws' that reverberated through the crowd as you turned to Jensen, holding out your arms to be picked up. He did so, and you once again looked out into the crowd.

Jensen had his microphone held in one hand, you in the other, and upon noticing the object, you reached forward and took the machine from him, earning a chuckle from him.

The entire time you were wandering around, you were cooing softly, and when you realized that the mic made your voice louder, you found it funny, and began to laugh into the mic.

The loud, joyous squeals and giggles echoing from the speakers were enough to send the crowd over the edge as they screamed in awe, and Jensen and Jared could tell that they were falling in love with you.

"Oh hey, baby, who's that?" Jensen noticed Misha walking up one of the rows out in the crowd, and Y/n looked up, the mic still close to her lips.

"Misha!" She squealed, and Jensen could've sworn a few people fainted as she wriggled out of Jensen's arms and waddled down the steps.

Misha heard his name and looked up, stopping in the middle of the row and squatting down. You sprinted as fast as your little legs could carry you toward him with your arms outstretched, and the smile on his face was glowing as he opened his arms.

You crashed into him and he lifted you in the air, oblivious to the people screaming and cooing around you as he carried you back to the stage.

"What's up, Mish?" Jared asked as Misha stepped up onto the stage and handed you to the moose.

"Oh, nothing much, just catching runaway children." He said, and the crowd laughed, "Listen, I'd love to stick around and chase this little munchkin," Misha pinched your cheek and you giggled, "But I'm due at a meet and greet, so I'll see you guys later."

     Misha disappeared backstage and the attention returned to you. Jared lifted you up over his head and placed you on his shoulders, allowing you to take a chunk of his hair in both hands as you looked out upon the crowd.

     You gave a loud squeal and pointed out into the everything happily, taking in all the smiles that were echoed back to you.

     "Jensa! Look!" You called the man, and he followed your gaze out into the audience. There was a round of excited screams when you said his name, and he smiled.  

     "Yep, look at everybody! Wave to them, cause it's time for us to go." There we're a few disappointed groans as Jensen gently pulled you from atop Jared and waved to the crowd.

     You waved too, "Buh-bye!"

     Your first panel went pretty well.