Imagine #25: Stargazer

Imagine: Sam and Dean take you into the middle of nowhere to look at the stars on Baby's hood.

Age: six

You were a stargazer, Sam and Dean found out. You loved to look at the stars. But the bunker was in the woods, and that made it hard to see them through the trees.

But one day, as you and your brothers were driving back to Kansas from a hunt, Dean noticed you, sitting in the backseat and looking up at the few stars you could see through the trees that flashed by with complete awe.

He smiled.

He waited until Baby had left the trees and pulled off onto a small dirt road. You weren't even fazed by the direction change as you struggled to see through the window up.

Dean drove about half a mile down the road before he stopped the car, he and Sam exchanging knowing glances. The sudden absence of Baby's soothing purr pulled you from your trance, and looked to the front seat.

"Sam? What's going on?" You asked. He turned around to look at you and gave the warmest of smiles.

"Well, you want to look at the stars, don't you?" He said, and you face lit up in a gasp.

"Really?"

"Really," Dean was the one to answer, "I don't feel like doing too much more driving tonight, figured we could stargaze, sleep on Baby's hood. Come on." Dean and Sam got out of the car and you quickly scrambled to follow, your movements fumbly with excitement.

"Yes, yes, yes," you chanted as you stepped out the door and slammed it shut, following the boys to the front of the car.

You struggled to clamber onto the hood of the car, until Sam's hands reached under your armpits and you were suddenly being lifted onto the hood. Sam and Dean lay side by side, and soon they had placed you between them. Sam's arm went beneath yours shoulders, holding you closely. Dean's made its way across your tummy to rest on your opposite hip, and you for the first time since you'd left the car, you looked up.

The sight was one of the most mesmerizing things you'd ever seen. Stars decorated the sky endlessly, twinkling and sparkling bright in the lack of artificial light on the countryside. Your mouth fell open in awe as you eyes raked across the sea of fiery dots of light, the stars reflecting on your eyes and turning your (color) orbs into a galaxy of their very own.

"It's beautiful." You murmured, your voice echoing the unadulterated wonder in your eyes breathily. Sam and Dean's focus however was not on the sky, but you, smiling at your awestruck, adorable little face.

"It's cool, isn't it?" Dean said, shifting and shoving his arm beneath his waist. You arched your back to let him and soon he was, too, holding you.

"Yeah." You mumbled, a smile revealing your pearly white teeth as you craned your neck, trying to take in every thing at once.

"We knew you'd like it." Sam said, rubbing your shoulder with his thumb. Your head slowly fell to Dean's shoulder as you looked around. Soon a finger had come up to point into the sky.

"Look, boys!" Both brothers smiled wider as they began to follow you finger as it danced across the sky, "There's Orion's Belt, and Leo, and Scorpio, and, wow, the Big and Little Dippers!" Soon both brothers stopped listening to your listing off constellations because they were too busy looking at you, your face bright, completely enthralled by the galaxy before your eyes.

Without realizing what he was doing, Sam leaned down and kissed your cheek at the same time as Dean said, "You know we love you, right kid?"

"Aww," You gaze finally broke from the sky and you looked first to Sam, then Dean, "I love you guys, too. Thanks for tonight."

Your gaze returned to the stars, but it wasn't long before you had fallen asleep in your boys' arms.

"Dean, come on, lets go to sleep." Sam said when he noticed you, sound asleep and drooling lightly on his shirt. Dean looked down and smiled.

"Yeah, okay." He brought you with him as he sat up and slid off Baby, gathering your shivering frame in his arms closely. You whimpered and squirmed, but a few loving shushes soon quieted you.

Sam took his place in the backseat, and Dean laid down on the front, placing you on his chest. Normally you slept in the floorboard in the backseat, you said it was comfy, but Dean just wanted to hold you, and so he did.

He fell asleep with your slobbery self held tight in his arms, his brother close by, and there was no where he'd rather be.