Imagine #28: A Startling Return

Imagine: Jack brings Castiel back to life for you.

Age: 18

     "Tell me about Castiel." You looked away from the TV and met the eyes of Jack. You sat leaning with your back to his chest, his arms around your stomach. Occasionally he would kiss your neck or play with your hair, and after an hour of sitting with him you decided it was fair enough to say that he was technically your boyfriend. Sam and Dean were gone on a case about some boy found wandering down the road with a hole in his head, and weren't supposed to be back until later that day.

     You sighed, and Jack rubbed your stomach lightly.

     "He-" You paused, biting your lip as you tried to think of the right words to say, "He was everything, really. I mean, I love my brothers, and I always will, but Cas gave me something that those boys never could. I loved him, but not like I love you, and not like I love my brothers. He was nothing short of a best friend, and he helped me through so much and he saved my life so many times."

     You eyes watered, and Jack held you a bit tighter, as if he could sense your pain, "He was so funny, and charming, and wide-eyed. And he loved me. God, he was so protective of me, it was hilarious."

     "He sounds amazing." Jack murmured, his nose dipping toward your neck. You hummed, smiling nostalgically.

     "Yeah," A tear slowly dripped down your cheek, "yeah, he was."

     "You miss him." Jack said, more of a gentle statement than a question. You nodded.

     "I do." You went silent a moment before craning your neck to look at Jack. He smiled warmly at you and pressed a tender kiss to your lips.

     "I'll make it better," you turned around and returned your gaze to the TV, playing with his hands.

     As you watched TV, you completely failed to notice the way Jack's eyes glowed momentarily before returning to their natural color.

     You didn't notice that that little flash of color was enough to change everything.

---------------------------------------------

     "Y/n! We're home, and we've got a surprise for you!" You raised an eyebrow when you heard Sam's voice reverberate through the bunker, sitting up off of Jack's chest and shutting off the TV. You stood up of your bed and headed toward the door to welcome your brothers home.

     Jack got up and quietly followed you as you walked on socked feet to the library, watching the floor, deep in thought.

     "Hey, it's my boys! How was your-" You trailed off as you entered the library, your limbs locking in place, your words left unspoken on your lips.

     His hair was as brown as it was the day he was horrifically stabbed. His face sported that gentle smile that very few people got to see. His head was tilted to the side, the same way it always was. His blue eyes glistened with happiness, just as bright as you remembered them.

     "Who, who are you?" Sam and Dean's smiles left their faces as they watched the single, broken tear fall from your eye, you voice thick with pain and extremely shaky.

     "Y/n, it's me-" He gave a smile, holding his arms out to his sides, "It's Cas."

     "No," you stepped backward, bumping into Jack and shaking your head lightly, "No, Cas is dead."

     "He's not, baby," Dean spoke, "We've done the tests. It's really him."

     You were silent a moment, slowly stepping forward. You hand came up, shaking wildly, and rested on his cheek, feeling the wetness of tears and the course hairs on his chin.

     "Cassie?" Your voice was so ruined, so broken as you smiled, crying harder. Cas nodded.

     "It's me."

     He barely had time to respond before you launched yourself into his arms, sobbing into his shoulder. He lifted you off the ground, holding you close and trying desperately to fight off the lump that sat heavy in his throat.

     "How did you get here? How are you alive?" You pulled back and looked at him, still holding him.

     "I don't know. I didn't do it, but something brought me back." You tilted your head to the side, thinking.

     "Jack," no one heard you when you initially uttered the words. You let go of Cas and turned around to look at Jack, standing behind you with a smile on his face, "You brought him back."

     "What?" Sam spoke this time, Dean echoing him as their gazes all shifted to Jack.

     "Y/n was hurt," Jack explained sheepishly, "She missed him."

     You walked up to the boy and planted a sweet kiss on his lips, holding his face in your hands.

     "You brought him back." You murmured, "Thank you."

     "Wait, so you're saying the Antichrist brought Cas back to life?" Dean asked. You turned around, Jack's hand finding yours and taking it, and nodded.

     "Yeah, he did."

     "So, Jack's not, bad?"

     "It took you long enough to realize it." You said sarcastically, and Dean gave an innocent smile, knowing how much you liked the boy.

     "Well, Cas," Dean instead turned to Cas and clapped him on the back, "Welcome home."