Imagine #23: Hell

Imagine: You've been in Hell for two months and Sam and Dean have been looking for you, but Cas has only just now found you.

Age: 15

This chapter is in Dean's POV.

Dean's POV

"Sam! Dean!" I jumped, instantly cocking my gun and spinning around, Sam mirroring my movements. I sighed frustratedly and lowered my weapon as Cas stared at me, a little unnerved by the frantic look on his face and the panic in his voice. Concern laced my face when I sensed something was wrong.

"Cas, what is it?" Sam said, getting the same uncomfortable, bad feeling that I had. There was a moment of silence that felt like years, and I almost gasped in shock as I watched a tear drip down Castiel's face. Cas doesn't cry, I thought. My heart skipped a beat and I was immediately reaching again for my gun as Castiel spoke.

"I found her."

----------------------------------------------

My boots clacked loudly on the stone floor as I followed Castiel through the seemingly endless hallways and corridors of Hell, Sam close on my tail. We'd been jogging for a good ten minutes, twisting and turning and getting lost in the maze that made up the underworld. I was beginning to freak out, my heart beating out of my chest as I began to think that maybe Cas had forgotten where my sister was.

"Cas?" I said. I heard Cas mumbling incoherently to himself, stopping at a three-way and looking around. Sam and I stood shoulder to shoulder, staring at him. He was losing it, intimidated by the halls of Hell, shaking his head and muttering 'no' over and over again.

"Cas?" I said a little louder, but he ignored me. Finally I grabbed his shoulder with one hand and bitch-slapped him with the other.

"Cas!" I yelled, forcing him to look at me with eyes filled with fear. My hands gripped his shoulders tightly as tears drifted freely down my cheeks.

"Where's my baby girl?" I whispered, shaking him lightly. He pulled his hands up to either side of his face, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Remember, remember-" he began chanting, until finally his eyes snapped open and met mine.

"I remember." He ripped himself from my grasp and turned around, sprinting down the hall, more determinedly this time. I glanced at Sam, seeing that his eyes reflected the tears I possessed in my own, and ran after the trench-coated angel.

----------------------------------------------

"Here. She's here." Castiel said, slowing to a stop outside a large metal door. We had left the normal Hell scenery and entered what turned out to be an even more ravished version of the first, the walls covered in some goo that I didn't want to touch and the lights cracked, burned out, or missing from the wall completely. The air around us seemed darker than in the earlier halls of Hell, almost like a fog drifted through the corridor. I looked through the mucked up window on the door Cas had pointed to, Sam squeezing up beside me, and we both started tearing up.

Y/n, the brave, stupid little warrior I fell in love with fifteen years ago was strapped to a giant metal frame standing up in the shape of a pentagram, ironically. Her head hung down as if she were unconscious, or worse. Her body, completely nude, with straps across her breasts, pelvis, wrists above her head, and ankles spread apart below her, was completely devastated. Cuts littered every inch of her pale skin, her stomach was sunken in from malnutrition and her ribs were like mountains on her chest, looking sharp enough to cut something with every wavering, shallow breath she took. Blood matted her hair, as well as dripped from every crevice in her body, stained her teeth red, and puddled on the floor beneath her. One of her wrists was bent at an angle that I knew was not physically possible without a fracture, and her right earlobe had been sliced into halves, like an earring had been pulled from the hole all the way out the bottom of her earlobe.