Imagine #106: Gala

Imagine: The reader, Sam, and Dean have to go undercover at a gala, which means they have to wear nice tuxs and the reader a nice dress. After the reader gets ready, she comes downstairs and Sam and Dean see her in her dress for the first time.

Age: 16

Btw I need your hair to be long for this one so your hair is gonna be long for this one okay bye bye.

                                 _*_

     "Do we really have to go to this stupid gala?" Dean closed the Impala's door a little harder than necessary as he followed Sam toward the suit store he had forced them to come to, their sister trailing behind them. She was as unwilling as Dean, however chose to remain nonverbal, as seeing the angered glare that was shot into the oldest Winchester like a bullet from a gun was not something she wished to experience personally.

     "We. Have. To. Look. Nice." Sam repeated airily, completely done with his brother's incessant, childish complaining as he turned back to the store and yanked the door open, holding it with a stoic face as Dean moaned and groaned his way inside. She followed after, and Sam noticed that she remained obediently silent, flashing her a small smile that she uncomfortably returned as he trailed her deeper into the store.

     The three Winchesters drifted to a stop amongst rows of ties and pocket squares, and suddenly the determined moose and stubborn squirrel became the helpless, boyish boys, neither knowing what they were to do or where they were to go.

     She took upon herself to speak up, chuckling a little as she led her bewildered brothers to a changing room and sat them down on the couch outside it. "Wait here, you idiots. I've got this."

     Neither boy with the demon blood nor righteous man could manage a sliver of protest before she'd disappeared among the pressed linens and pompously perfect outfits.

     She walked among the rows, eyeing ties and checking out the mannequins that modeled various tuxes with much more careful examination than would've been deemed necessary, calculating color codes and matching them to the shape of bodies and tone of skin on her brothers. It was in that moment that she was able to let the fashionable woman in her shine through, for in that moment she saw so much more than homeless flannels and ratty T-shirts.

     Deciding that she wanted her brothers and she to in some way match, she chose a few various garments, pinned their location in her mind, and returned to her brothers.

     Sam and Dean raised their eyebrows in question at her empty arms, but she simply took Sam's hand and pulled him to his feet, stretching his arms wide and looking his body up and down. She wordlessly pushed him back down when she was down and gestured to Dean, waiting impatiently for him to stand before her actions were repeated.

     Once she'd decided what she wanted from them she quickly dove into the battle field once more, a mission locked into her footsteps; a predator hunting her prey.

     She came back with a semi-matching pair of deep black suits, knowing the brothers would protest if she tried to place them in identical gala wear. She handed Sam the one with the long tie and sent him away into his changing room, Dean following into his own shortly after.

     Telling the boys to wait if she was gone when they finished, she took off once again toward the small section in the back, full of dresses of all shapes, sizes, and colors. She possessed a vague idea of what she wanted from the store, but was willing to settle as she knew it was small and would not offer much.