Imagine #114: A Short Scene

Imagine: This is simply a short little scene that I thought of between the reader and Dean, and it's basically a re-doing of a scene from Riverdale, but with obviously different settings and characters. So the basis is that Mary has returned from the dead and Dean is super stressed and is kinda internally freaking out over it but he can't show any of this because he has to be the strong big brother so he's been pushing away his sister cause he knows she can break him but then she finally decides that she's not going to let him push her away and he breaks down.

Age: 15

_*_

"Dean?" I knocked softly on his open door before stepping into the room, watching as he quickly wiped at his right eye and looked up at me from where he was propped against the headboard of his bed, "Hey."

"What do you want, Y/n?" His voice was not so much angry or annoyed as it was tired, and the bags under his eyes were evident even in the dimness of the room as I took another step toward him.

"You know what I want." I murmured quietly, and this time his annoyance was evident as he looked away from me.

"Y/n, I swear to God, this sharing and caring thing has got to stop. I am fine." He said, enunciating his words with obvious intent, but I ignored him with a quick shake of my head.

"Dean, you can't keep this stuff bottled up, okay? It's not good for you! You know I wouldn't keep pressing if I knew you were really okay."

His voice grew to just below a yell and I couldn't control myself in time to avoid flinching away at his words. "Y/n, you don't know! I don't need you to treat me like I'm some patient with mental problems! You're not my therapist, and I don't need or want you help! In fact, I think you should leave." His voice grew quieter and he looked away, avoiding my gaze as he bit his lip, hard.

Tears welled dangerously close to my eyelids, but I fought them back and held my head high, staring him down. "No."

"What?" The response was quick, quiet.

"No," I repeated, a bit firmer, "I'm sorry, Dean Winchester, but I'm not going anywhere. You should be anything but alone right now. You know you're allowed to be afraid, right? I know I'm terrified!" I walked around the bed and sat beside him, still unable to see his face, "So you can yell at me, you can try to push me away, but I'm not going anywhere."

It took a moment of staring at the back of his head to realize his shoulders were shaking, and I couldn't help my surprise when a sniff echoed from his nose. I placed my hand on his back comfortingly and the touch seemed to break him, a sob ripping from his lips as he squeezed his eyes shut and fell toward me, his head hitting my chest and his left arm wrapped desperately around mine, holding whatever he could reached as he cried into my shirt.

I wrapped my arms around him and carded my fingers through the short hair on the base of his neck, shushing him softly as his shoulders shuddered with sobs. "I'm so sorry, Dean."

He stayed there for what felt like hours, releasing gallons of pain to soak the cotton in my shirt, and yet even after his tears had dried and he had twisted around and put his back to my chest, even after my fingers continued to sift through his hair while his thumb rubbed back and forth over my knee, he didn't speak. He simply stared at the wall before with a stoic expression, his red eyes narrowed to slits and his lips pursed.

I didn't bother trying to make him move.

Hey guys! I have a quick question for y'all. So I'm working on my non-reader POV book, which is part of the reason why updates are taking so long, and I've come to a bit of a problem. You see, at first I had my main character's name be Andrea Marigold Winchester, called Andi by her brothers, but now I've also got the name Jordan Willow Winchester (might change the middle name I'm really just here for the first). So help me out guys, and leave a quick comment down below letting me know if you prefer Andi or Jordan as a name for a third and female Winchester. Thanks!