Imagine #9: Blood

Imagine: You lose a close hunter friend and the boys try to comfort you.

Age: 15

     "Look, Y/n, we're so sorry. We know what it's like to lose hunting friends." Dean tried his best to console you as you trudged up the stairs to your motel room on the second floor, throwing open the door and dropping your bag. Tears were silently dropping down your face, but you did not cry. Not really.

     "I could've saved her. She could still be here." You mumbled as you stumbled toward you bed, sitting upon it. You were dizzy, the whole thing felt simply surreal.

     "Y/n, no," Sam found a place sitting beside you on the bed, putting a hand on your shoulder, "You couldn't have done anything. You can't blame yourself, that's not fair." You shrugged his hand away, shaking your head a little.

     "Stop." The word was almost whispered, but both brothers heard you, "She wouldn't have ever gotten in to this mess if she never met us Winchesters."

     "Y/n-" Dean tried to speak, sitting on your other side, but you shot to your feet before he could even finish your name.

     "Shut up!" You snapped, surprising both brothers. You never yelled at them, never gotten angry. This was a side to you they had not yet seen.

"Every person we've ever known is dead! Kevin is dead! Charlie is dead! Mom and Dad are dead! Bobby is dead! It's a wonder Cas and Crowley aren't dead yet! The Winchester name is a curse!" You began throwing stuff around, tangling your hands in your hair as your breath quickened and your eyes streamed heavy, dumpy tears. Sam and Dean could only sit, completely astounded and slightly afraid as they watched you rampage about the room.

"We, are a curse! Every time we meet another person I can only hope they'll have enough sense to get the hell away while they can because if they don't, all I have is another hunter's funeral on my hands! We are dangerously toxic, and yet we drag people into our lives and pull them to the dirt with us!" You seemed to run out of words to scream as you ran out of things to throw, taking a few large breaths.

"Bobby once told me that family doesn't end in blood," you said, suddenly much quieter than you'd previously been. An ominously broken tone came upon your voice, which was hard and angry despite the tears in your eyes, "but you see boys, he was wrong. Cause when you're with us? When your with us stupid, cursed Winchesters,"

You pulled from your pocket a blood-stained bracelet that belonged to your friend and tossed it into Dean's lap.

"Family always ends in blood."