Imagine #131: Make Me Human

Imagine: This one is less about you being a Winchester sibling, cause technically you aren't. You're an angel, Eloa, who fell in love with Sam and Dean and humanity just like Castiel did, but things change when Naomi forces you to choose between your family and being an angel.

Age: because you're an angel, technically you're like thousands of years old, but you only look twenty-seven or so. Dean is thirty and Sam is twenty-six.

Warnings: maybe some mild language, possibly some blood, I'll find out once I write this.

A/N: This entire thing may be absolute garbage cause the only real reason I wrote it was for a dialogue piece I came up with on the spot. That being said, enjoy my brain vomit.

A/N: I'm experimenting with taking away the extra space I always do between paragraphs to see if it has any affect on reading experience lemme know what you guys think.

"Teach me to hustle! Please, oh please! Come on, Dean!" Eloa tugged the sleeve of her companion's jacket much like a toddler would, her eyes sparkling as she watched him pocket a sizable sum of cash and place down his cue stick. Behind him, two men were still reeling from the shock of realizing that Dean was not nearly as drunk as he had pretended to be, and after intentionally losing a few rounds in order to deepen the betting pool, the older Winchester had swept the floor with the entire game.
Dean chuckled and swatted light-heartedly at the hyperactive angel's hand. "Alright, alright, I'll teach you. But hustling is no easy task. For one thing, you've got to know how to play pool. Do you even know how to do that?"
"Nope!" She replied cheerfully, "Looks like you'll just have to teach me to do that, too!"
"Man, do they let you guys have any fun in Heaven?" Dean asked, sliding into a booth where Sam had steady been watching the ordeal with a fond smile. Eloa's smile fell a little as she sat next to the younger Winchester.
"Not really."
"Sports?"
"No."
"TV?"
"I only found out what that even was a few months ago."
"They at least have to have an arcade or something!" Dean exclaimed incredulously, taking a swig from the beer Sam had ordered him. She toyed nervously with her own bottle of alcohol, (thankfully drinking was one thing that wasn't quite so new to her), and shrugged.
"God... er, Chuck, I guess, was always about business. And Naomi, she's just kind of always had a stick up her ass."
Next to her, Sam snorted at her phrase. "Maybe Dean is rubbing off on you a bit too much."
"What makes you so interested in doing human things anyway, Eloa?" Dean asked, waving his hand around for emphasis, "I thought all angels had sticks up their asses, not just Naomi."
Eloa shrugged slowly. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Before I met the two of you, I was just like all the other angels. I did my job and I didn't ask questions or leave room for feelings to get in the way. The only difference was I was always more invested in the affairs of humans than other angels. Then Castiel introduced me to you guys and things changed. I got to see what humans were like from the point of view of a human himself, not just from the bullshit pictures the higher ups tried to paint for us. They tried to convince all of us that the lot of you were tainted, that you were broken, and most of the time they were successful. But even before Castiel came to me and told me that he was helping you with your big plot to save the world, I never really believed them entirely.
"I've always been drawn to humanity, since the day of my creation eons ago, but I never had the bravery to let myself get close to anyone."
"What changed?" Sam asked.
Eloa smiled. "I met you two. The more time I spent on Earth doing dumb human things with you guys like eating waffles and playing video games and even going to bars like this, the more I wanted to learn more about humans and the things they do."
Sam and Dean both felt their hearts squeeze at her statement, and before Dean knew what he was doing he had grasped her hand and was pulling her away from the table. "Alright, let's go teach you how to piss off some drunk men."
Eloa whooped triumphantly, waving to Sam over her shoulder while he shook his head with a small smile and waved back. She trailed after Dean as he led her to an empty pool table and let go, scanning a rack of different sized cue sticks. Eloa waited patiently, having no idea what to do or when to do it, until Dean chose an appropriately sized stick and handed it to her before taking one for himself.
"Wait, I know what we do first!" Eloa exclaimed, eager to impress her companion with at least some knowledge of pool by practically throwing the triangle into the middle of the board and stacking the balls inside it, having observed Dean do it earlier when he played. She quickly settled the required balls inside and the last one outside, then looked to Dean for approval.
He shook his head with an affectionate laugh, reaching out and picking up the eight ball. "You almost had it, but you put this one in the wrong place. It goes inside the triangle—" He pulled out the only ball that didn't have a number on it and slipped the eight ball into the space left behind— "and the cue ball goes outside."
"Dammit," Eloa cursed, but her spirits could not be weighed down for long, her eyes lighting up again seconds later, "well, at least I was close!"
"Yeah, you were, now for the fun part." Dean said, shaking up the triangle a bit before positioning it properly and lifting it off the table, leaving the balls behind. He placed the cue ball in position and crossed the table to where Eloa waited for instruction, "Listen up. Watch me and copy what I do."
Eloa watched with eager attention as Dean leaned his stick over the table and eyed the white ball, gauging his aim before flicking his wrist forward, the familiar clack of the balls filling her ears. Colors went flying as the triangle broke and scattered, a few sinking while most stayed above the board. Eloa hopped back and forth on her feet, watching the balls settle. "Okay, what now, what now?"
"Easy, monkey," Dean said, "first things first. Find the cue ball."
Eloa located and pointed to it, conveniently positioned near the edge of the table. "There!"
"Alright, pick a target and what hole you want to shoot for and aim, but don't fire yet."
Eloa did as she was told, doing her best to copy Dean's position from before to a tee as she chose a striped ball and a corner pocket. She pulled her elbow back, only to have Dean tell her to wait.
He crossed the table to her and put his hand over hers, adjusting her positioning. He shifted her elbow slightly and told her the proper way to eye the ball. Unbeknownst to them both, Sam had noticed just how close they were, and with a fond smile he pulled out his phone and snapped a picture. The timing could not have been more perfect, for they both sported wide smiles as Dean pointed toward the ball, his hand on her shoulder, and Eloa listened intently.
Another clack and Eloa watched as her striped ball sunk in the hole just as it was supposed to, and she gave a triumphant whoop as Dean clapped for her. "I did it! Did you see, Dean? I did it!"
"There you go, kiddo! You did great!" Dean said, ruffling her h/c hair. She immediately turned and her eyes searched the bar until they fell upon Sam, her smiling widening as she shook her cue stick around as though he couldn't see it.
"Sam! Sam, didja see me? Didja see me, Sammy? I did it!" She called to him, unbothered by the side eyes she received from people around her as she pointed to the table.
Sam pumped his fist in the air and grinned. "I saw! Good job, Eloa!"
Eloa spun around to face Dean, lightly and repeatedly punching his shoulder. "I wanna do more, can we do more, Dean? I wanna play—"
Eloa.
Eloa froze, her shoulders drooping as a frown overtook her features. Dean tilted his head at her, raising a brow. "Loa? What's wrong?"
Eloa. Report to Heaven. Now.
Eloa sighed and reluctantly handed Dean her cue stick. "Noami. She wants me to report to Heaven. No doubt she's got some stupid mission she wants me to go on."
Even Dean seemed saddened to hear that she had to go, setting both the sticks back on the rack, the game forgotten. "Can't you tell her no? She can't do anything to you."
Eloa shook her head. "I have to go. Stupid or not, it's my job."
"But you haven't even gotten to hustle anyone yet!"
Eloa managed to giggle as Dean pulled her into a quick one-armed hug, kissing her forehead and then sniffing and looking away as though he hadn't, which was just like he always did. "I think I've still got some learning to do before I get there. I'll be back to bug you two as soon as I can."
Dean shooed her away with his hand, but there was a small smile on his lips as he said, "Yeah, yeah. Better go tell Sam goodbye so he doesn't get all butthurt about it."
Dean returned his attention to their pool game and Eloa ignored another urgent call from Naomi as she hurried back to the booth. "Sam, I've gotta—"
"Go?" He finished knowingly, standing to meet her, "Yeah, I saw you frown and figured as much."
Eloa smiled and Sam took her by the shoulders, pulling her into a huge bear hug. One of the first things Eloa had decided when learning about humanity was that hugs were by far her favorite part. "See you later, Winchester."
"Not too soon, I hope," Sam replied, pulling back, though he didn't let go of her shoulders just yet, "I think us tough guys are finally starting to warm up to you."
"I should hope so, I've only been bugging you both for months now." Eloa said with a chuckle, "Bye, Sam."
"Bye, El."
Eloa scampered away toward the woman's restroom, where she could easily fly off with worry that anyone would see her go, and Sam watched as she went, a strange fondness filling his chest and spreading. She was like the little sister he'd never asked for, despite being literal centuries older than them both, and just like with Castiel, he was beginning to like the angel very much.