Imagine #126: Phone Bill (Part One)

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that this imagine should've been posted weeks ago but my phone broke and I just got it back yesterday so my Wattpad has been lacking and I'm very sorry for that. However, I am back now and hopefully we can hit the ground running once more. My amazing editor/partner Grace wrote this one all by herself, I just did some minor editing and spellchecked. She did wonderfully and I'm excited for you guys to read the rest of this story but if we had made it all one part it probably would've been longer than both Lego House and Plain White Room. Anyway, here's the first chapter of Phone Bill! Enjoy!

Imagine: You are a seasoned US Marine Corp, and you are coming home after four years in Vietnam. You recruit the help of Genevieve Padalacki and your best friend that you met at training camp to plan a surprise party for the boys.

(If there's any information that we give about being a Marine Corp or anything that is inaccurate we're sorry. Grace did a lot of research for this imagine but we're not perfect <3)

Age: 24

WARNINGS: Graphic depictions of blood, PTSD triggers, language. If you struggle with PTSD or have been injured on a warfront, then you're probably not wasting your time reading this book, but if you are, please take caution reading this

Edit: I'm stupid this imagine is dedicated to liveXinXreality
—————————————————————————

     "Hey Gen! It's (Y/N)!" You heard a quick intake of breath before a loud squeal rang through the old speakers of the landline you were using.

"Oh my god, (Y/N)! It's been too long, how are you?" You could practically hear the smile in Gen's voice, and you could feel your excitement grow by the second. 

"I'm doing good Gen," You allowed your own smile to creep across your cheeks, a warmth entering your chest and spreading through your torso, "Listen— I need a favor from you."

"Yes of course, anything! Do you want me to get Jared?" A slight shuffling on the other end told you that she had gotten up from wherever she was sitting, and your heart sped up at thought of her accidentally ruining the surprise before it even began. 

"No, don't—!" The shuffling abruptly stopped and you cleared your throat, lowering your voice— "That's actually why I need your help Gen—" You took a deep breath to settle the jitters that coursed through your veins.  "I'm coming home."

You waited a second, expecting a squeal of excitement, or at least some sort of audible reaction, but got nothing. 

"Gen? Are you still there?" A quick check of the phone told you that the connection wasn't lost, so you assumed that she was still on the line.  You were about to call her name out again when you heard a shuddering breath, and a choked back sob, "Gen, don't cry! This is supposed to be a happy moment!"

"You're coming home?" The break in her voice was like that of a small child's, and you couldn't help the tears that glossed over your own eyes.

"Yeah— Yeah, I'm coming home." Gen tried to stifle her cries, and you could hear the shuddering shakes from her side of the phone as she vainly tried to compose herself. 

"You're coming home. Oh my god. You're coming home. You're— wait, you don't want me to tell Jared?" You held the receiver closer to your month, ready to tell her about the elaborate plan to surprise the boys when a knock came from her end, and an unmistakable deep voice filled the line. 

"Gen? Are you okay, I thought I heard you crying." Jared's concerned voice echoed into your ears, and your body immediately froze in fear.  Was Gen going to tell Jared about your impromptu visit home? You whispered her name down the line in an attempt to keep what little attention you could on the phone, but it was no use.  You could tell she was starting to panic.  What you didn't expect was a loud squeal to escape her, before shrill beeping indicated that she had hung up on you.