Chapter 1: The Sorting

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or any of its characters, I only own part of the storyline and any additional characters if any. 

Yeah so my chapters are messed up, Chapter 3 will always be last for some reason, I tried fixing it. (Edited)

Key:

A/n: Author's note

Y/n: Your first name

L/n: Your last name

E/c: Eye color

H/c: Hair color

S/c: Skin color

H/s: Hair style

B/d: Your birthdate

~~~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~~~

I awoke this morning thinking it was gonna be a regular day. Wait no, I thought, it was b/d, my birthday, my eleventh birthday to be exact! Eh it's still regular, it's not like something extra special is gonna happen today. Oh how wrong I was.

I walked downstairs to find my favorite breakfast, pancakes. "THANKS MUM AND DAD!" I sprinted up to them and gave them a huge hug. We went out and watched a movie and when we came back home we had cake. That wasn't even the special thing.

While I was eating cake with my family, there was a knock on the door. I answered it and saw an old man with half moon glasses and a long white beard.

"Mum," I began, "there's a stranger at the door again."

He stepped into the house and shook my mother's hand, "Albus Dumbledore, I need to speak with all of you about something."

This man, Albus Dumbledore, sat at the table with us and started discussing this school about Hogwarts and apparently I'm a witch which explains why I can do certain things like grow a flower in my palm and break things without touching them. I can't wait to go to my new school, but I'm also kinda worried.

______________________

I arrived at King's Cross Station but I couldn't find Platform 9 3/4. I was beginning to think this was all a joke when someone approached me. It was a cute boy with sandy hair and scars on his face, he had a book in his arms. "Remus Lupin," he extended his arm for me to shake, "you need to go through that wall with your cart, and before you think I'm mental, I'll show you." I saw him disappear through the brick wall. Woah. I walked through the wall and saw him waiting for me on the other side. "Thanks for waiting Remus," I held out my hand for him to shake it, "Y/n l/n." He shook my hand and I thought I saw him turn a little red, probably my weird imagination.

~~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~~

Y/n and I got into the only empty compartment on the train. A few minutes later two boys walked in. One of them had black messy hair and glasses. The other looked cute (no homo) and had long black hair.

"I'm James Potter," said the one with the messy hair.

"And I'm Sirius Sexy Ass Black."

"Sirius, we just met these people, at least pretend we're normal," James joked.

"I know but first impressions have the word impression for a reason, James."

"I'm Remus." I extended my arm to them. "And I'm Y/n."

The train ride to Hogwarts was wild. A boy named Peter Pettigrew had come into the compartment in the middle of the ride.

"So Remus," began James, "what house do you want to get sorted into?"

I hadn't really thought about it to be honest.

"Gryffindor or Ravenclaw."

"Nerd," said Sirius, "how about you y/n?"

"Oh," she began, "I don't really know about the houses, I'm muggle-born, I guess any house Remus is in is good for me."

I blushed a little and buried my head into my book to hide it.

"How about you Peter?" Asked Y/n.

"Oh I don't know, I guess anything is good for me."

After a while we got off the train and I ended up losing y/n in the crowd. Bloody hell.

_________________

~~~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~~~

God damnit I lost Remus in the crowd. I was walking next to this red-headed girl with green eyes and this boy with greasy hair.

"Hi," I extended my arm to the girl, "I'm Y/n l/n."

"Hi," she began, "I'm Lily Evans."

Professor McGonagall escorted us to the Great Hall to get sorted. The Sorting Hat sang it's song and it began.

"Black, Sirius!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I clapped for Sirius, the greasy hair boy who's name was Severus scoffed. The line was moving faster. Lily was up next.

"Evans, Lily!"

The Sorting Hat took a little longer for her.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I clapped for Lily too. Severus looked kinda sad, but still clapped.

"Lupin, Remus!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I smiled and cheered for Remus.

"L/n, y/n!"

I walked up to the Sorting Hat as it was placed on my head.

Hmm.. very intelligent and creative, those are really Ravenclaw qualities. You're also cunning and ambitious. At the same time you're loyal and honest. You've also got some Gryffindor qualities, brave. Better be..

GRYFFINDOR!

I walked to the Gryffindor table to sit next to Lily and Remus as they applauded me along with Sirius, James, and Peter, who were later sorted to Gryffindor. Severus was sorted into Slytherin and seemed both happy and sad about it. He sat next to fifth year Lucius Malfoy. I couldn't wait to see what Hogwarts had in store for me.